Who is parking their truck today?

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
I am sure everyone here here read the news that the independent trucking industry is parking their trucks in a effort to get the price of fuel down. My truck is in need of a valve body update anyway so I reckon in support if the independent OTR drivers I will park my diesel truck and fix the valve body at the same time. Don't know if this will make a dent in the fuel problem but anything is worth a try. Here is more info:

TRUCKER SHUTDOWN
APRIL 1ST TIL ???
CHECK OUT THESE SITE FOR MORE INFO:
Truckers Forum (chat room available) (up to date info)
Enough is Enough - Could Trucker Shutdown Be Reality - Truckers View - Topix
Trucker Strike 2008 - Topix
index
Trucker Talk - Truck Blog
The Trucking Industry Free Web Images For Trucking Sites
GENERAL PUBLIC NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH
This rising fuel cost not only affects the Owner Operators. It affects the company driver as well. It also affect the general public and here is how. With the rising cost of fuel, comes higher costs for everyone. Gas and Diesel fuel, food, household goods, clothing, building materials, home décor, automobiles and the parts to repair them. Utility bills, Insurance, Tax, and the list goes on. It effects EVERYTHING around you not just products we need, but services we need also. The things in your life that you enjoy will become unattainable due to cost. Think about our children. What burden are we going to leave with them. This has to stop.
Before we all have to stop because we can’t afford to go on.
Shutdown April 1st. Let’s band together.
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

Who else is in?

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
not me...regardless of the cost of fuel, if i dont drive my truck i dont eat or have money to pay the bills.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I say boycott Exxon they profitted 40 billion last year. DONT EVER BUY EXXON DIESEL AGAIN!!!!! IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!:D

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say boycott Exxon they profitted 40 billion last year. DONT EVER BUY EXXON DIESEL AGAIN!!!!! IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!:D

i gotta ask...why target exxon...all the others are making record profit
theyre just not targets of the media...

I havent bought exxon products since 89 (for other reasons)...i gotta
tell you i dont think they miss me :lmao

why not boycott your state goverments who have taxed the living hell
outta fuel (per gallon)....and are talking about adding MORE...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm PARKED.

But I talked with a Independent trucker last night, He's stuck here in CenCal because the Brokers can't find any loads that will pay enough, to get him back to Memphis... and at least.. Break Even. Said if they can't find a load by Thursday, He'll take what he can get and eat the loss. Park the truck and find other work.

Here in town, there's a BIG vacant lot where trucks park overnight, then load in the morning. It's FULL, and they're parking in the streets. Can't leave. No paying loads.

And EXXON made 40 BILLION ??? The others where CLOSE BEHIND ??? And the States Taxes the Hell outa fuel, to boot ???

Somethings WRONG with that Picture.

BIG OIL is guna be grilled by Congress this AM. Waste of Time. They'll set up their Smoke Machines & Fun House Mirrors.... BS everbody... Fuel prices will continue to rise... Big Oil will continue to get their 19 BILLION dollars in Tax credits... (>IF< this Strike thing works? Big Oil will proly raise the fuel prices to offset storage fees;):))

It's time to Re-think some things.

It just doesn't halfta be this way.....IMO

:dunno

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm PARKED.

But I talked with a Independent trucker last night, He's stuck here in CenCal because the Brokers can't find any loads that will pay enough, to get him back to Memphis... and at least.. Break Even. Said if they can't find a load by Thursday, He'll take what he can get and eat the loss. Park the truck and find other work.

Here in town, there's a BIG vacant lot where trucks park overnight, then load in the morning. It's FULL, and they're parking in the streets. Can't leave. No paying loads.

And EXXON made 40 BILLION ??? The others where CLOSE BEHIND ??? And the States Taxes the Hell outa fuel, to boot ???

Somethings WRONG with that Picture.

BIG OIL is guna be grilled by Congress this AM. Waste of Time. They'll set up their Smoke Machines & Fun House Mirrors.... BS everbody... Fuel prices will continue to rise... Big Oil will continue to get their 19 BILLION dollars in Tax credits... (>IF< this Strike thing works? Big Oil will proly raise the fuel prices to offset storage fees;):))

It's time to Re-think some things.

It just doesn't halfta be this way.....IMO

:dunno

Yep,,, I agree... I also think that as per other posts, the ONLY way we are going to get prices down is to boycott one company until they lower their prices. They will lower them because they will not want to go out of business.
I don't care which company is boycotted... They are all equally guilty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14