Who is parking their truck today?

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
Most folk dont realize or tend to forget that every item bought or sold comes on a truck.

Its terrible that it has to come down to this, but gouging is unfair. Capital gains I believe is a different animal.

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the trucking industry is WAY too important in this country to be "parked". it will hurt many more businesses/people than it will "help" fuel prices.

you can park the trucks when we rebuild our rail system that was ONCE the best in the world (long ass time ago) and have other means of transporting needed goods such as produce, paper, and mountain dew.

freight tonnage is already at an all time low, that has slowed down most diesel shops in my area to a stand still causing many mechanics to lose thier jobs. more parked trucks is just going to hurt that field even more.

also....while you are parking your truck....did you turn off your house heat as well??? (for those who heat with oil). did you not purchase anything that came over on a boat? did you not drive your diesel to drive a gasser? diesel is higher than gas because the refineries can make a lot of gas and a little diesel, or a lot of diesel and a little gas. the demand for diesel has skyrocketed recently, causinig the price to rise because several refineries are still geared toward making more gas and cannot keep up with the diesel demand. so what did you really accomplish by parking the diesel and driving the gasser?

instead of parking your truck, write a letter to congress. make copies and send it once a week every day if you feel so ambitious. if you feel a letter wont do anything, go meet up with your congress people and TALK to them face to face.

i dont know what the sample time of this report is, but i found it interesting. if you want to boycott something, this may help:
These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell........................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............................62,231,000 barrels

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco..................0 barrels
Conoco..................0 barrels
Sinclair.................0 barrels
BP/Phillips............0 barrels
Hess.......................0 barrels
ARCO....................0 barrels

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines been parked since Saturday !

before that i drove it 19 miles on friday (from the airport)
and 19 miles TO the airport (last monday)...thats less than 60miles
in a WEEK !

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the rock trucks and OTR truck in the park here are all behind locked gates. The first time I have ever seen the gates closed and locked. :sweet I parked my truck and rode the ATV into work. Something to, The trains down the road did not move too and it's loaded with piggy back cars. Kind a hard to unload piggys when you got no trucks to pull them. :clap:

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And EXXON made 40 BILLION ???

When you figure in how much they SPENT to make that, it works out to about 10%. Just that the profit number looks big by itself. When you compare it to what they brought in, it is pretty small

No, I'm not interested in these boycotts. One day hurts nobody. Wanna boycott? Sustain it for a length of time and see who blinks first. Think any of them will hurt? What you don't buy, they sell somewhere else.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
When you figure in how much they SPENT to make that, it works out to about 10%. Just that the profit number looks big by itself. When you compare it to what they brought in, it is pretty small

No, I'm not interested in these boycotts. One day hurts nobody. Wanna boycott? Sustain it for a length of time and see who blinks first. Think any of them will hurt? What you don't buy, they sell somewhere else.

Sounds like you work for an oil company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14