whos the programer

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
mines only 235:hail must be your rods:D

:nutkick: :nutkick: Thanks Bryan!

As far as the 7.3 goes, I've seen way too many STOCK 6oh's puke coolant. Then again these guys are overloaded but still I like my 7.3L.:D

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
tgatch said:
I guess I didn't realize it took that much to get the older PSD up to 300RWHP. You guys that are laying down serious HP with those 7.3's, my hats off to you for all the work and the money.

Us 6.0 guys have it easy: 1 $500 tuner, $500 exhaust (and a 40,000 dollar truck;) )and an intake and we are seeing 400RWHP. The question is, will our 6.0's hold together in the long run.

Mind you the above is not a flame, or a bash. I just never realized what it took to get the 7.3 up there in the HP environment.

No flames or bashes taken from your statement Tom, although I did fix your statement for you.:lmao

Getting serious HP out of a 7.3 is no small feat for sure. Thats nothing new to the Blue Oval fans though. Show me any Ford (I know, the PSD is an IH) that has been easily and cheaply modded. For most of us its a silly love affair with the particluar automobile or engine in question. Guys that love the 302 are a prime example, sure you can pump a SB Chevy for more HP alot cheaper, but whats the fun in that.:D

tgatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there have been a few coolant pukers. Mine hasn't been one thank goodness. Only coolant issue I have had was an EGR cooler leak. That's fixed and the truck is running strong. Truck tows my 5th wheel great, and when not towing it dusts the occasional Charger R/T that thinks it's gonna get around me on the on ramp. :roflmao

95 Stroker,

A new 01 in 01 wasn't THAT much less than what I paid for my 04 in 04. ;)

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
fastaschit18 said:
ive looked and looked
whats the hott ticket i want 2 chap a 2001 dodge with a set of 200hp injectors
i have a 2000 7.3 psd 6 speed with a 4" kit and thats it

Yeah he's probly pushing 450hp and whos knows what tq #'s geta set of bdp stage III's and a custom chip and some propane might get you in the running probly only run you a little over 3k if you do the install youself. Also better have a stout clutch too. And you better feed your stroker a big bowl of wheaties before you line em up:sweet

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
MUDWHISTLE said:
.. geta set of bdp stage III's and a custom chip and some propane might get you in the running probly only run you a little over 3k if you do the install youself.

Don't forget to mention he'll grenade the stock turbo and prolly lift a head with that setup if he doesn't do studs. If this guys really lookin for #s lets try to guide him half way straight.

But I figure by now he's off searching for a 6-banger diesel with a BAD wrapper...by his one response already.-popcorn

Last edited:

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Stage III Split Shot Hybrids- These injectors are like the single shot hyrbids in that they use 530 plunger and barrels but they use split shot plunger and barrels instead of singles. This doesn't allow for as much fuel as the single shots but keeps the same quiet and smoothness of the stock 444 split shot. These injectors are good for an easy 400hp and are good for those who are wanting good power without the worries of blowing head gaskets or breaking rods.

Got this off BDS for the stage III's He sells but your right studs and a turbo probly a better, safer combination.
Was just going on what I had read at beans.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I know about Stage III's.:rolleyes:

They'll push more than 25lbs(stockers rating) of boost easily, not to mention back pressures being way high with the stock turbo. Rods and HGs won't stay in the same place for long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14