Wicked Wheel Installation

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
BIG JOE are you still planning on doing a how to article?

Yes, I will work on it today. I have come up with some minor changes in the procedure, and want to include'm.

JOE

wideopen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Yes, I will work on it today. I have come up with some minor changes in the procedure, and want to include'm.

JOE

I think I know what changes your gonna Make

Crumm the wheel works at eliminating Surge...but it makes a lot more noise that the Stock wheel..the whine is cool for a little while but loud

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I am trying to eliminate the chirping, surge or stall when shifting under hard acceleration. With the SCMT, open exhaust and Tymar intake the Turbo really chirps when you are hard on the throttle and the transmission shifts. It almost sounds like it stalls?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I am trying to eliminate the chirping, surge or stall when shifting under hard acceleration. With the SCMT, open exhaust and Tymar intake the Turbo really chirps when you are hard on the throttle and the transmission shifts. It almost sounds like it stalls?

I'v installed about 30, or better, of these Wheels.... Does'nt make me the exspert but... it's been my exsperience that it will eliminate about 90+% of the "Stall" but not totaly ALL of it. If I try real hard, on my 2K, at about 1650'ish RPMs I can still feel a bit of a lag.... but in normal driveing/pulling (?) you won't notice it. When I'm pulling, I do what needs to be done to keep my RPMs at 2K, or better. No Worries.

JOE

Reaction score
Crumm said:

Based on the ones that I have installed and talking to others who have a similar setup to yours - I don't think the wicked wheel alone is going to do it. You may be looking at an ATS housing and or turbo upgrade to ball bearing.

Ron

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Based on the ones that I have installed and talking to others who have a similar setup to yours - I don't think the wicked wheel alone is going to do it. You may be looking at an ATS housing and or turbo upgrade to ball bearing.

Ron

What Ron sez.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine on now for a month or so, toting some heavy ass loads and it took care of virtually all of my surge. I love it, with the only exception being the whine. IT AINT LOUD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Max Power said:
BIG JOE are you still planning on doing a how to article?

Joe , Please do the article, and maybe some pictures.

I also may need some to hold my hand. My mechanicle ablility stops at changing the Spark Plugs. :roflmao

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg