window tint %

CHPMustang

Reaction score
To make a long story short ,yes I got el busted:D Many police officers carry a metal blade tile scraper in the trunk of their patrol units to scrape the drivers side film off enough to require complete removal or re-installation,don't forget the heavy fine they levy too:eek:

Just info to those in Jersey registered trucks interested in front window filming:sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put limo (5%) over the factory 20% (back doors and rear) then put 20% on
the front doors...its movie theater dark in the back ! i like it..and im COMPLETELY legal !

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in texas (and possibly your state) window tint laws are DIFFERENT for
"non-cars"...your local tint shops should know the limits as we as what
you can generally get away w/.

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
i put limo (5%) over the factory 20% (back doors and rear) then put 20% on
the front doors...its movie theater dark in the back ! i like it..and im COMPLETELY legal !
Thats exactly what my truck has too and i love it it may be illegal but it looks good last time i only had to remove it and pay a ten dollar fine on my tahoe

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here in the great state of Ohio you are permitted anything you wish on any window excluding the windshield and the two from side windows. The windshield must be completely tint free. The two front side windows are permitted to be tinted to a max of 70%. This is all according to a close friend of mine who is a State Trooper here in Ohio. I have my front windows tinted 20% to match the rear privacy glass in my truck, and had it also done on my previous truck. I have had no problems with any law enforcement officers to date. I figure if your not doing anything stupid to draw attention to yourself then your most likely going to be safe. just my .02

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
INTERNATIONALPOWER said:
Thats exactly what my truck has too and i love it it may be illegal but it looks good last time i only had to remove it and pay a ten dollar fine on my tahoe

im completely legal in my STATE (texas)...and i lived in virginia over
a year w/ it like this (kept the texas tags on it)...i never had a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14