Wiring problem

menmy02x

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First post and i need help. On my 97 f-350 the driver side injectors won't fire up. Fresh oil and filter today new gaskets and harness and all four won't hit. I was wondering if there was a relay or fuse for each side. Found two relays in a box under the hood and the manual don't show them. They are labeled relay 1 relay2, there behind the distribution box. Any thoughts guys.
Thanks Vince

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
First post and i need help. On my 97 f-350 the driver side injectors won't fire up. Fresh oil and filter today new gaskets and harness and all four won't hit. I was wondering if there was a relay or fuse for each side. Found two relays in a box under the hood and the manual don't show them. They are labeled relay 1 relay2, there behind the distribution box. Any thoughts guys.
Thanks Vince

Im sure a obs guy will be along here soon with more help then I can, but I think those two relays are for you trailer harness, like if you wanted to hook up a charging wire, but to me it sounds like a bad connection.

atk

Reaction score
if you have one bank that won`t fire, try checking the UVC (under valve cover harness). they have been known to come apart....hope this helps

Welcome to SDD....

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
new gaskets and harness and all four won't hit. I was wondering if there was a relay or fuse for each side.

logic would dictate taking the valve cover back off and checking the harness plugs at the injectors and the harness plug for the UVC for pushed out pins, splayed terminals, etc.

if you did something and something else happened, undo what you did.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i have replaced several IDM's that have failed, causing one bank to die.

they are fault tolerant, so check the easy stuff and if you have a friend with the same truck, try swapping idm's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg