wiring question

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I've never checked out Joat's link or schematic. Post the link and I'll see what I can tell ya.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
click

I just looked more closely at the diagram and think my override switch would have to be connected to somewhere else but the question remains essentially the same.

Thanks Budro!

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
ok, bare with me....

I have a 3 position switch that has power in all three positions. I want to be able to turn the power off/on. So, can I add a 2nd on/off only switch and run a single power wire from the source, to my on/off (in to one terminal and out the other), then to the 3 position? If so, do I ground both or only one (in which case, which one)?

Thanks guys!

Why are you wanting to do this? The diagram I just looked at shows the center "C" position to be off unless the ecm is sending power.

You have three sources for power.
1) from the battery.
2) from the ecm.
3) the brake light circuit.

Therefore you cannot use one switch unless you find a single throw, triple pole. Other wise you would be back feeding circuits that should not have power unless you use even more diodes and completely over complicate the things.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care why. Just put the second spst switch "downstream" and it becomes a master overide. Hook the switched side of your 1st switch to the input of this 2nd switch. Regardless of switch 1 setting, if switch 2 is open you got nothing. If that is what you want.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I want to be able to override the valve and simply shut it down. it is frequently an annoyance. That middle position on the diagram is the "OE" setting as if it had not been modified. When I looked at the diagram it appears to my unfamiliar view that even if I kill all power to the 3 position switch that will not stop the ecm from successfully sending power. I assume I would need to put a switch between the rectifier diode connection and the ebpv valve in order to successfully shut it all off.

rsg - yes that is basically what I want but my question was aimed at proper configuration and grounding. Im thinking now I need to do the 3 pos as is described in that write up and then a 2 pos between the diode and the plug.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58