Wiring up air horns

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone -

Just got my air horns from UPS and hoping to get started installing them this weekend. For those of you who have them, who wired them into the factory horn system? Where is the stock horn, and where is the best place to tap into it?

Thanks!!

- Steve

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did and I just used a fused relay and bypassed the oem horn ,, the factory horn is buried under the passanger side fender ,,

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an option, but I want the horns to work when using the steering wheel horn button.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can actually intercept the wire in a loom near the passenger side battery ,, if you decide to get to the wire from the horn plug ,, If I remember correctly you can pull back the fender splash guard enough to access it

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whole post was on how to make the new air horns work with the oem horn button
or are you after something I missed ?

Last edited:

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can actually intercept the wire in a loom near the passenger side battery ,, if you decide to get to the wire from the horn plug ,, If I remember correctly you can pull back the fender splash guard enough to access it

,,,,,,,,,,,, I would have to go look at it to see what color it was

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My air horns use a 12v compressor that runs to power the horn but uses no storage tank ..
so I used a relay ,, the reason for the relay is the amp draw was too much for the horn circuit so I ran the relay it basically allows a small circuit to switch a larger circuit I ran from the battery to the relay to the comp ,, I don't now what your system is ? you may not need a relay at all

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a compressor and a tank. I will use a relay to power the compressor.

All I need to know is where the wire is on the factory horn so that I can use it to activate the new air horns. Amp draw will be minimal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58