Wiring up air horns

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well while you can see the harness at the front left (down low ) of the pass battery

just looked

I hooked mine into the wire at the horn and ran a new wire and loom back up ,, so I can't find the color

however it was just a matter of pulling a screw under the splash guard and fighting it back enough to unplug the horn ( horns ,, may be 2 ) and just splice in there so you won't need to know the color if you go that route

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A picture of the wire bundle location would be awesome as well!!! ;tu

you can't miss the upper bundle it has a large loom with some small looms comming out of it feeding the pass side headlight and signals

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is what 12v . com has for a color and location if u need a dif spot

but you still want to bypass the oem it just doesn't sound good mixed with the air horns IMHO

Horn DK BLUE (-) 8 WAY CONNECTOR TO RIGHT OF CONNECTOR STEERING COLUMN

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I did mine, but I think the horn wire was either green or yellow...or possibly both. It is quite easy to find, just pull the passenger side battery tray and you will find it down below some sheilding.

The first horns I had were the tankless kind...they sucked. I had them hooked up with the stock horns, made it even worse. Even when they were alone, they just didn't sound good.

I got them off there pretty quick and got some Hadley twins mounted under the cab on the pasenger side. They are nice and loud...very nice. My air storage tank is under the bed on the passenger side. The compressor...I'm not quite as happy with it. It is currently not working, I don't know if I can try to fix this one again or just bite the bullet and buy a new one.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I guess I'll just plan on pulling out the battery to make it the easiest.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aight, after perusing around some other sites, I've seen several people mention installing a toggle switch, so that they can switch between the stock horn, and the air horns.

Anyone else done this? How exactly would that be wired in?

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on mine i can just tap the horn button and it will lay down a much smaller sound so I didn't neet to worry about retaining the oem horn otherwise you would need a three way toggle

or if you leave your oem horn on all the time you would just need a on off switch from the wire you run from the horn button to your train horn

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58