Would you use

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to tell you that Bio-Diesel made with (SVO-VVO) Virgin Vegetable OIL would only cost you 10 cent more that Regular Diesel, Would you use it?

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
probably. got any for me? none in my area.

West TX. an you can't find any!

If Diesel in your area is say, $2.49.9 and you have a Sam's Wholesale Club within Driving Distance you can make it happen.

32 Gallons of Diesel @ $2.49.9 = $79.97
8 Gallons of 100% Soybean Oil @ $2.88 = $23.04
$103.01 for 40 Gallons

40 Gallons of That mixture would average $2.57.5 per gallon!!

BTW: the higher the price of the Diesel the closer the average cost!!

Last edited:

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Honestly? I don't really want to purchase any diesel fuel that costs more than what I'm currently paying.
If it means giving less money to Arabs and Oil Companys I will do it!!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Mobeydick said:
West TX. an you can't find any!

If Diesel in your area is say, $2.49.9 and you have a Sam's Wholesale Club within Driving Distance you can make it happen.

32 Gallons of Diesel @ $2.49.9 = $79.97
8 Gallons of 100% Soybean Oil @ $2.88 = $23.04
$103.01 for 40 Gallons

40 Gallons of That mixture would average $2.57.5 per gallon!!

BTW: the higher the price of the Diesel the closer the average cost!!

i must have missed something... can you run that by me one more time
thanks

Reaction score
Mobeydick said:
If it means giving less money to Arabs and Oil Companys I will do it!!

Just for a POD for this discussion: Most people are under the assumption that we get most all of our crude from the Arab nations - and this is false. The US produces about 40% of the crude we need. Another combined 40% comes from sources such as Canada (20%), Mexico (15%), etc. The other 20% does come from Arab nations.

I am not against alternative fuels - and Bio-diesel may be an answer. My question is what fuel are they using to produce bio-diesel. Are the farmers using #2 in the tractors or bio-diesel? How about the trucks, trains, etc to ship the componets? #2 or bio-diesel?
If bio-diesel is to be a solution then it's use must start at the grassroots.

Again - if bio-diesel is to be a viable alternative - why are the big oil companies not produceing it? It can't be the 10 cent more a gallon that it costs "us" to produce because we are paying retail prices for the veg oil. On a mass production scale they would pay what - 10/20% of that cost? Therefore the actual cost of a gal of fuel when mixed should be of a lower cost to them - yet they could charge the same or even a few pennies less and still have the profit margin.

So where is the problem? Consumer acceptance or maybe grain production? I don't know . . .

Anyway - next -

Ron

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
consumer acceptance is why bio fuels and ethanol is having a tough run
remeber in the 70's when ethanol was being pushed, but the cars didnt like it because it ate through seals and caused some weird running issues.
low octane,
until a big campaign to swing the public to teh right side, there isnt going to be much of a strong movement to go the route of bio fuels.
we need to send folks to brazil and copy there philospohy on bio fuels.
I think the big oil companies are skiddish because it makes them less of a force in the market place. in their minds... you got old foaggies in charge of these oil companies, they are not going to change.

plus we need to educate the public on just how little oil we actually get from the arabs, but how much we get from the oil cartels, not all memebers are arab countries... venezeula, for one.

and as long as we have moonbats in hollywood and OPRAH saying how safe battery operated cars are and how less thay pollute, they never ask how the electricity is made to charge these cars????
hybrids are a good start, but right now impractical except in small to medium sized cars

we need to get the moonbats swung over to the "GROW your own fuel campaign"
then the effort would gain some momentum.

all it takes is money, want to buy a few dozen soybean farms????

pres was on the right track but set a bad timeline of 2012, it should be next year.... we can do it we are a mighty industrial nation full of smart folks.
follow the military battle cry.... MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW.

we can have internal combustion engines around with lots of HP for a long time if we would all get on board the bio train......
like you said use bio at the first stage. the tractors, power generation, otr rigs, trains, ships, etc

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, someone has some ot the solutions to some of our toughest questions. Which came first, the chicken or the egg. You can't produce bio diesel with out a start someplace. You are right in that all forms of motive power used for bio diesel should be powered by bio diesel, but it is not always the case. We have to take what we have as a start. Don't get to caught up in all of the politics, as others are. (/steps off soap box/)

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58