Wrong Factory Fuel Tank

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I know this is totally off topic and I appologize to the owner of this thread but................

Why cant you pump your own gas in Oregon? Is it saftey considerations? Do the lawmakers in Oregon feel the average automobile driver isnt capable of running a fuel hose or what?

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Why cant you pump your own gas in Oregon? Is it saftey considerations? Do the lawmakers in Oregon feel the average automobile driver isnt capable of running a fuel hose or what?

Oregon is an Income Tax State. The more ppl with jobs, the more income for the state. What better way to enforce employment than to make it so you cant pump your own gas! Its a sure-fire way to drum up income!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
Oregon is an Income Tax State. The more ppl with jobs, the more income for the state. What better way to enforce employment than to make it so you cant pump your own gas! Its a sure-fire way to drum up income!
There are only 9 states that dont have an income tax system in place and they are;

"Alaska, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Florida, South Dakota, Washington, Nevada, Texas and Wyoming"

That leaves 41 that do have an income tax, you can pump gas in those states. Furthermore......... typically a gas station attendant is a relatively low paying job so how much revenue could possibly be generated from said tax?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
quick, somebody tell an administrator or moderator that this thread has gone astray!!!!!!!

:roflmao

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Attention thread is ASTRAY :roflmao :roflmao :eek:
us here in Alabama have a state income tax, havent figured it out yet but i keep getting money back :eek:

doesnt oregon tax you on harvestable trees on your land
95_stroker said:
quick, somebody tell an administrator or moderator that this thread has gone astray!!!!!!!

:roflmao

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Look what the new guy did, my bad. :sorry I don't know why we can't pump our own gas. And no we don't get taxed on trees, until we cut and sell them. :p

Trapper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58