Wtf

dpantazis

Reaction score
probably not. if you have either, i think you are going to find oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil.

how is your air cleaner?

did you get a code reader? i know that you are down under.

idm codes?

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the thing no oil in coolant or coolant in oil,temp is good no coolant lost just a big rust stain in #7 intake port (photo) not the crew chief.??????
probably not. if you have either, i think you are going to find oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil.

how is your air cleaner?

did you get a code reader? i know that you are down under.

idm codes?

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With no mixing of oil and coolant I would rule out a head or head gasket issue. Also with no coolant loss that tells me your heads/gaskets are fine. I really don't understand the rust in the intake unless you're sucking in some really humid air. Your rough idle and miss could be caused by a bad or clogged fuel injector.

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate i will look into that as well
With no mixing of oil and coolant I would rule out a head or head gasket issue. Also with no coolant loss that tells me your heads/gaskets are fine. I really don't understand the rust in the intake unless you're sucking in some really humid air. Your rough idle and miss could be caused by a bad or clogged fuel injector.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

I have to agree..
rust by itself, while not healthy for the engine in particulate form, my not be the sign of head/head gaskets..
at least not on a 7.3...

I agree with AK.. I think you need to check codes and buzz check the injectors..

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just put all back together and started it and have a engine light so i put a Edge Evolution on got 4 codes, in order
1 of 4 P0475 Exhaust press control valve Malfunction.
2 of 4 P0603 PCM Processor keep alive memory (KAM) Error.
3 of 4 P1210 Inject control pressure Above expected level.
4 of 4 P1211 Inject control pressure above/below desired.
how do if find out what that means.
went for a drive , felt alot better , got home and look at fuel Psi and it was low turned it up to 68 psi put in some more engine oil through the Hpops res started it CEL went out the was over the rough and think about putting foot on gas and it went to 3300 rpm with black smoke turn off , back off the fuel PSI started it again , same thing , back off fuel psi and now the big peace of **** will not start at all, went to change CPS only to **** the head of the bolt that holds it in, So who has a ****ing big gun as i want to shoot it and me.
I have to agree..
rust by itself, while not healthy for the engine in particulate form, my not be the sign of head/head gaskets..
at least not on a 7.3...

I agree with AK.. I think you need to check codes and buzz check the injectors..

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Did you clear the codes before you fired her up? If not, clear the codes and start again. The KAM error is tha battery being disconnected.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58