WW install - 2000 Excursion

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Nothin more than a spare scrath-all with the last 1/4" of the tip bent at 90 degrees. I can get that c-lip off with it in about a minute now.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;) :cool: Good idea. I'v been useing a scribe thingy with a magnet taped to it. Murphy's law applies tho, with the magnet sometimes.

slickrick

SLICKRICK w/a BIG...TRUCK
Reaction score
This thread would be much better with pics...... is the WW just a different impeller wheel? what was the other mod you mentioned? these mods only good for new body styles?

Slick

:thanks :hail

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Slick,

The WW (wicked wheel) turbo upgrade is only for the Super Duty model years, essentially it takes a compressor wheel like the one in our OBS trucks and replaces the one in the SD truck. It spools faster and isnt as prone to surging like the SD wheel is.

The HP-X mod however is one that we can do to our trucks, what it does is ties the oil rails on the heads together via a stainless steel line that crosses over and evens the oil pressure out between the two heads. Supposed to give a smoother idle and better oil pressure to all injectors at WOT. ITP Diesel carries them.

slickrick

SLICKRICK w/a BIG...TRUCK
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Slick,

The WW (wicked wheel) turbo upgrade is only for the Super Duty model years, essentially it takes a compressor wheel like the one in our OBS trucks and replaces the one in the SD truck. It spools faster and isnt as prone to surging like the SD wheel is.

The HP-X mod however is one that we can do to our trucks, what it does is ties the oil rails on the heads together via a stainless steel line that crosses over and evens the oil pressure out between the two heads. Supposed to give a smoother idle and better oil pressure to all injectors at WOT. ITP Diesel carries them.

:hail AHHHH I see... thank you very much..... have you done that HP-X mod? are you running or do you know anyone running any BDP stage 1 injectors? I am seriously thinking of getting a set and Bean says he will give them to me for the $675 his prices have gone up to $875 now.... what do you think? thanks
SLicK

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If you are at all considering Stage I's then you might just as well jump on them now. Ive got a set of Stg I from Bean and love them except.................

I wish they were Stage II's. :D

Oh, and I havent done the HP-X mod yet, its on the list though.

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, still wondering al well about the WW. does anyone have pic's or a link to a sealers sight for one. i am really curious

Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
If you used my "How To" directions, It's not the 15/16 ~ 8mm so much as it's the >12 point< thing. As budro sez, and I agree.... I'm not so sure they make a 12 pt. 8MM. If they do, I aint found one yet.

A 12 pt. WILL get on that back lower turbo bolt..... an 8mm prolly won't. As for slipping ? I just break the bolt loose with the 12 pt, then finger it the rest of the way out.

I've got a 3/8s Ratchet (made by Stanley) that not only ratchets but you can twist the handle and turn a bolt.... handy in tight spots.

On all the WWs i've installed..... The turbo houseing bolts ARE 8mm.

:dunno

JOE

Well I'm pretty sure they make one - cause way back when you sent me the directions (few years ago now) - I went out and bought one - now I will have to go look for it in the morning to make sure what it is!

Ron

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok call me stupid-niaeve, but i didnt see anything labled as "ww". i did see the " superior high performance compressor wheel". is that what i am after?

perplexed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58