XM radio

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Wait a day or two, Robert, I'm finishing up my article on my latest installation and I'll have pictures and FULL instructions, including wiring taps from the fuse panel to make the satellite radio turn on and off with the key. Although my install is for a Sirius radio and a Drive n Play iPod controller, the principles are the same. There is an adapter from P.I.E. that makes things VERY easy, it uses the AUX button on the radio. I am making the assumption you DO NOT have the DVD option, or else you will have to run this through an FM frequency or replace the radio. :D

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
rray
thats what i am looking for
less hanging cables and wires
I found at cir city the delphi roady 2 SA10085 for 19.99 after an instore 30.00 instant savings
the remote for 14.24 sa-10042-11p1
and the home kit for 39.99

do I still need a car antenna, and does it have to go outside or will teh dash mount work ok?

my wallet is cringing already

and dave
i will not wear a skirt just to have satellite radio :roflmao

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Robert, I don't know the specifics of that radio, if it does come with an outside antenna, use it. It's very easy to install and there are no holes to drill, the wire is very thin and I passed mine through the third brake light opening. If it is like mine, and it probably is, there is a vinyl cover that goes over it and attaches to the roof with double stick tape, the antenna itself in my case is magnetic. If your radio is mounted on the windshield however, you can go with a windshield mount antenna.

Those prices sound about average, once you get everything in you will enjoy it. I like Sirius for the football, Jimmy Buffett, smooth jazz, and the news, traffic and weather reports. I could care less about Howard. But you could check out the offerings with a three day trial subscription on the internet at www.sirius.com Just a satisfied customer, not a stockholder.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all of XM on AOL on the PC, an XM on Dish tv. Have enjoyed it very much here in the RV. Use it very little on the road useless I am driving by my self.

Reaction score
powerboatr said:
rray
. . .

do I still need a car antenna, and does it have to go outside or will teh dash mount work ok?

. . .

I bought the SkyFi units for my daughters - the unit came with the car adapter and I paid for the home kits' extra. Paid like $39 or $49 each set directly through the XM website - Christmas special I guess.

My daughter just stuck the antenna on her dash until I got around to mounting it better - worked okay there - but she says it's better mounted on the roof.

I have a Pioneer head unit in the truck that does XM with the magic box hidden behind the seat. For the house I have a Polk audio unit.

Ron

Last edited:

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can make your XM completly hidden no wires only the reciever showing.

Get any kit you want and then get the direct link kit.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
thanks all
got a few cables to order when rray gets the final story going
its been 24 hrs ....tick tock :roflmao

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Robert did you get a chance to open the box as the magnetic micro antenna should be included along with the cassette adapter,cig lighter power cord and swivel mount.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Bill
yep it came with an iddy bitty ant and all teh neat stuff.
hooked it up temp like last night in the rv , was getting it all going and ready to call in and activate. then the boss, yelled at me for acting like a kid with a new bike, so i ahd to stop and eat diner, then i did some more of my taxes :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
hopefully tonight i can get hit all hooked up in the truck
my ant picked up 2/3 bars in side aimed at teh window

i am thinking of putting the truck ant. just behind one of the clearance lights, then running the cord down the passenger A pillar

i am phsyched up .....:D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I initially installed the magnetic antenna behind the center roof clearance light similar to the way you're intending but it was taking a beating from the drive thru car wash so I relocated it just in front of the third brake lamp so I can pull it down when getting the Excursion washed :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64