Y pipe exhaust leak.

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
Up pipe exhaust leak.

I replaced a broken bolt on my exhaust manifold and noticed that the up pipe on the passenger side is leaking at the top. Is there some sort of gasket in there that keeps it sealed. I have the transmission out so it is easy to get to right nwo if there is somehing that can be done. Anybody know what goes in there to seal it?

:oops: This has been edited. I thought the up pipes which form an upside down Y behind the turbo were Y pipes. (It was a rightside-up Y when I was underneath it on my back looking up) Thanks for the correction gentlemen(?):oops: !

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If you are talking about the up-pipes then yes, we have what is called the Turbo Exhaust Collector (up-pipe) Donut (at top of each manifold-to-turbo pipe) or are you talking about between the collector and turbo? If so, there is a gasket in there also ---> Turbo Exhaust Inlet Gasket (between turbo inlet & collector) .

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
It is the up-pipes that I am talking about. Do you know a part number so I can order it tomorrow? Also just so I'll know, where is the CPS located? I thought I knew but after looking I guess I don't. I know the '97 at work just had one done but I was not the one that did the repair.

Ripsaw

Resident Cheesehead
Reaction score
Felpro 8194

These are not the stock gaskets but they are a little thicker. Seem to work better and don't squish as much.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
lifted_up said:
Also just so I'll know, where is the CPS located?

Front of the engine on the block below the alternator. If you looked at the front of the engine face on it would be in roughly the 10 o'clock position.

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
Done!

:hail I picked up the gaskets today and had them in in an hour after work. It was easy with the tranny out and the inner fender off. I had to take the exhaust manifold off to slide the passenger side pipe out because the 4" down pipe takes all the extra room up but that was easy too. thanks for all the info. Hopefully Brian at BTS will be calling tomorrow to tell me my tranny is ready!:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg