ye ole CPS

J L Dunn

J L Dunn
Reaction score
I found Ford OEM sensor on eBay for $55+; called several places in the Kingwood/Humble, TX area to see what it would cost to replace on my 1999 F250 7.3L Stroke. Ranges from a quote of $188 at Anderson Ford near Cleveland to $700 at Sullivan's Auto in Kingwood. What a range!

My inquiries about this item tells me that it is a 10 minute job with a 10mm socket, and removal of the serpentine belt is not necessary.

Anyone have any experience in changing out said part, and what do you think of the quotes I had received?

Thanks,

J L Dunn

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If you have two hands, a screwdriver and a 10mm socket and a ratchet and 10 minutes free time, change it yourself and save the 188-700 dollars.

Did they really say 700? :wow

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Way to simple of a repair not to do it yourself..........

I keep a spare in the truck at all times.

Tbar

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
J L Dunn said:
I found Ford OEM sensor on eBay for $55+; called several places in the Kingwood/Humble, TX area to see what it would cost to replace on my 1999 F250 7.3L Stroke. Ranges from a quote of $188 at Anderson Ford near Cleveland to $700 at Sullivan's Auto in Kingwood. What a range!

My inquiries about this item tells me that it is a 10 minute job with a 10mm socket, and removal of the serpentine belt is not necessary.

Anyone have any experience in changing out said part, and what do you think of the quotes I had received?

Thanks,

J L Dunn

you cover me a first class round trip ticket and I will bring the tools and two hands
you provide the cps

700 smackers WOW thats alot of psd parts for later.

piece of pie, if I can get my fat tail under the truck and do it, anyone can. :D

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
J L Dunn said:

Thanks,

J L Dunn

700$??? Do they even know what the cps is? That would be like 4000$ an hour since it only takes ten mins or less.-mad -mad

Last edited:

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
J L Dunn said:

Thanks,

J L Dunn

1.) Unhook electrical (about as difficult as unplugging a lamp from the wall outlet)

2.) Unscrew 10MM bolt and remove.

3.) Pry CPS out of it's hole with screwdriver

4.) Put new CPS into the hole

5.) Re-install 10MM bolt, torque snug, not too tight

6.) Plug back in electrical.

It should take longer to get the tools ready than to actually do the job...

$180 is ridiculous. $700 is beyond comment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg