you only get 1 guess

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah, it is pretty obvious when a majority of it is just above the bottle/cap area. not too hard to figure it out...

ralphinnj

Lifted Dually in NJ
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
yeah, it is pretty obvious when a majority of it is just above the bottle/cap area. not too hard to figure it out...

It IS puking, there is no doubt. Been there, done that. I would clean it all up good (lighlty wash down the engine and hood liner. Wipe it down and get it looking good. Do the spray underneath the engine too. Ged rid of as much of it as possible. Oh, if there is any doubt, collect some of the white solids and throw them in a cup of water. Smells like coolant, right?

If your reservoir level is about 1" below the min line, you are right where you should be. If so, romp on it a bit and see how it holds up. Since your engine compartment is now clean, any puking will be clearly apparent. If it pukes then, you probably have either blown head gaskets or a leaky or poor flowing EGR cooler. You can figure out whether it is the cooler or not by disconnecting the EGR valve and seeing if you can reproduce the puking. If it was the EGR cooler, it will NOT puke this time because you are not running hot gases through it.

Good luck, hope it is neither, RL

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
RL-
i am 99.9% sure it is puking and have a bad egr/egr cooler & or possible gasket leak because i had my coolant sniffed it changed the test fluid teal green pretty quickly. :eek: the oil came back 100% no problem though. as of real lately, i have been toying w/ the idea of unplugging the egr, what should i notice if i do? you can check my other posts to see my issues too!!