YOUR FIRED!!

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
wow bud, that is always hard to hear -- but like others have said, look at it as a stepping stone and get ready for somethign bigger and better!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
well guys-

i just heard those words today. no more working at the rental store. i am now unemployed.. anyone want to adopt..

pretty upset...lack of words..

p.s. NO REASON, other than it is Tuesday....just terminated - 3 different answers from owners(2), store mangager

Man that sucks. I feel for you. They actually said you're fired? Not you're layed off or we have to let you go? Usually when someone gets fired, the employer is very forthcoming on why you got canned, late all the time, work quality sucks, screwed the bosses wife, etc.

I've been on lay-off since last Thanksgiving. I should be going back either next Monday or the following Monday.

At least I got light at the end of my tunnel. Good Luck dude.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Like others have said, just thank of it as a stepping stone to a better job.
I still think they should tell you what you did wrong if you were fired.
Sounds like they don't know how to tell people they are not needed any more.

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan;

Hopefully in the very near future, you will look at this being a great day, because of the new better job that you are going to get.
Your supervisors do not sound like people that anyone would want to work for.
Everyone deserves a explanation of why they are let go.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dan so sorry to hear this...if its w/out justification or
reasoning id go after 'em for wrongful termination.

even where i come from <right to work states> this
stuff is BS...I'd approach the company mgmt and let 'em
know this is bs...'specially if you were never given a clue
or put on "notice" that you were performing poorly etc.

if they dont seem to listen to that then id raise the lawyer
flat...and at least go after 'em for some severance.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
That sucks red, but hey you could be in Michigan where it is hard to get a job at the local walmart as a door greeter.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
that is what i needed - a little positive reinforcement.
:TY for the smiles and laughs.

what did i do at rental?: Crown Rental - Equipment Rental and Party Rental in Burnsville and Rosemount, MN

be nice now, don't prank any orders - that would be mean.....

and for clarification, it was 'your done today/terminated'

as for reason(s): when i spoke w/ the majority owner, the reason i told him of what my store manager told me was the reason was news to him and he had no comment. his policy is and i quote "i don't have to give a reason, what is done is done". my answer to him was 'wow' and i wanted to say he was a jackass....so w/ that i left and called the other owner who was at our other store and wanted to go see him face to face and get his take. his response was and i quote "we did not see any leadership/management qualities out of you". my response was again "wow, at 37 yrs. old i have never been terminated and every job i've had i worked from the basement up to management and eventually to owning my own business." he really did not have a come back - no, wait he did. he said i should have asked for more responsibility, all i did was work the counter/answer phone.

Jeez, i was closing the store every damn nite i was there (counting $$, had a key for the front door and a security lock code, performing month end closes the way he wanted me to.....:dunno i told him that i had no respect from the other workers because they ALWAYS went to the other guy i had been working w/ who has been there for 19 years. how am i to get respect when i am working w/ a guy who has that seniority...:dizzy i told him that. i also told him that he as the owner should have told his employees that I was in charge when he or store mgr. was not there.... again, he had no response.

TG: and i did NOT screw the bosses wife..no spank u
WD: you are correct, my perception of them is totally shot. they are not nice people to work for.

this goes back to the end of Oct. when i was told my hours would be cut and not just my hours - everyones. well guess what, i went from over 40/week to 2-3/wk to 1-2/wk. NO ONE elses hours got cut. i did see some writing on the wall but i did NOT expect this, because i did not think they were THAT type of employer. i was used as a sucker. they used me and they know it. i had requested some days off for my bday and was called asking that i work - because the boss was in vegas for the ARA convention and wouldn't you know it the 'store manager took advantage of boss being gone and called me in early 2-4 days, asked me to come in on my 1 day off that week and left early on 2-3 days...what an idiot i was...

man, i am done rambling, i need to get a good nites sleep and put this behind me.

p.s. by the way, should i return his xmas gifts i won at the xmas party? i want too, wife wants to keep the items...

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Can we drops some comments to their "feedback" link red?

Make 'em really think about what they have done to such a great guy?

I got my cursor on the send button, ready to send it, just give me the word red.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think your case is strong...id go after them for at least
a few weeks of severance.

put this crap in front of a jury and you can bet theyll end
up wishing theyd handled things better.

fwiw no company does right by its employees anymore...
and they wonder why they have no employee loyalty !

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(p.s. by the way, should i return his xmas gifts i won at the xmas party? i want too, wife wants to keep the items...)

You dadgum right you keep it, and no Bama, none of us need to be sending any hate mail to them.
Just let him talk to the labor board and maybe file a grievance against them.
Had they ever done a performance review, and indicated there was work that you needed to be doing?
Most likely the boss has a nephew or close friend that he wants to give your job to.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58