Your Fuel Mileage

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting? I'm hitting around 23-25 with the Cnadaian gallon being a little larger. That's highway mileage. Or at least I was until 2 weeks ago when I switched to 4.30 gears. Definitely getting less but haven't figured it out yet.

JamesF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
23-25? Wow, I wish.

I get 15.3 overall - I've been tracking it for almost 2 years. The best I ever got was about 18. But, that could have been due to over or underfilling the tank.

I've got a SB CC 4x4 with 3.73's. No mods, but running 285's.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
That's pretty healthy mileage for a truck with 35's and lift kit:)

During the warmer months we can manage 15-18 around town(me driving) and 20-21+ on the freeway(65 MPH) no tow :sweet

I'm sure we lost 1-2 MPG with the front bumper:rolleyes:

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
It's probably closer to 20 now with the changeover. I'm going hunting next week so I'll be able to get a more accurate. That mileage was with 33's and 3.73 gears and no lift. Sorry I should have said that at first.

empiretc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I consistently get 20mpg mixed highway and city. I just noticed I have had a diesel leak for a while. I am sure it is gonna be a little more once I get that fixed. Very important thing, I always keep it under 2k rpm even on take off. I know I truck around like a grandpa but its ok.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
HTRDDSL said:
I'm hitting around 23-25 with the Cnadaian gallon being a little larger.
What is a Canadian gallon? I thought they sold it by the liter or something down there?

We get around 16 in the summer but never drive more than 10 miles. I am sure it would do better on the highway. During the winter it is more like 14.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
The Canadian gallon is called the Imperial gallon. An Imperial gallon is equivelent to 1.201 US gallon. Or 4.546 Litres.

The oil companies loved it when we switched to Metric. Instead of selling oil or other petrol products by the gallon they got to sell it by the litre which is less than a quart and 4 litre containers instead of 1 gallon container. They didn't reduce the price so they made more money off us.

They still measure fuel mileage here in Miles per Canadian gallon.:D

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
HTRDDSL said:
The Canadian gallon is called the Imperial gallon. An Imperial gallon is equivelent to 1.201 US gallon. Or 4.546 Litres.

They still measure fuel mileage here in Miles per Canadian gallon.:D

Thats gotta be confusing, especially since you guys all live by the kilometer and not the mile. So lets see here, youve got a larger gallon and a shorter mile than your southern neighbors and some really funny looking money. :thumbs

00F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've only had the truck for a little more than a month, but I am averaging 16 MPG.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg