HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
So THAT"S why were able to get more miles per gallon than you guys. :roflmao

My wife and I routinely call the Canadain Dollar the Canadian Peso.:D

Weweld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stroked Lightning gets 18 mpg with those big injectors on the freeway.

It is a little less in town don't know why :roflmao

The Big White truck gets 16 mpg on the freeway.

Mileage don't exsist in town , it smokes too much :dunno

GENE

Last edited:

robtoya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am getting 10 to 11 mpg with stock 2002 Crew Cab dually 4x4, no engine mods and stock sized tires. Is there something wrong with my truck? Or is it just a heavy beast with low gears? This mpg is empty not pulling. while pulling it looks like 9-8 mpg.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
15-16 mpg on mine...............but I really enjoy my lead foot. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Tbar

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Hey Robtoya that seems rather low. These diesels need to breathe. Even just an OEM style K&N filter when I first bought mine made a difference.

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Robtoya,
I am sure others will chime in but you need to open the fuel rails. When I bought my truck I was getting 11/14 City/Highway. I purchased one of those kits that open the fuel system to release the "air" in the rails and I saw an increase of 7MPG. Yeah I know it sounds crazy but there are some differences b/t trucks. I saw 7 some see 4 others have claimed 8 or 9. I second the breathing part.. Do your own research for what you know or like and get feedback to make sure you aren't buying a dead horse. Cheers and Good luck

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity Eric how many miles did your engine have on it when you install the dual regulated return kit?

Bill :thanks

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I've seen anywhere from 19-22mpg on the highway unloaded, Evo level 2. When I went to the ODRA race in Dallas last month I got 21.4mpg. That included 4 passes down the track and 3 dyno pulls laying down just over 300hp.:thumbs I got 20.4mpg on the return trip.

Most of my driving ends up being 50/50 hwy to city, I usally average high 18's. Top off every fill and try not to go too far over half empty. I get better mileage this way, air ya know. The regulated return system is in my future. My local hose supplier carries Parker hose and can get the same hose DI uses. I have the lengths and fittings printed off for them to duplicate.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg