Zoodad Mod?

JRJ04

Reaction score
How much good will the zooad mod do for my truck? i already have the k&n air intake.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
Just get you a little better air flow but most of th guys on here would tell you to stay away from the k&N Systems just fyi but i don't think you will get any really noticeable results except maybe slightly lower temps with the mod

JRJ04

Reaction score
yea ive kind of gotten that feeling, but ive had it for nearly 2 years now and knock on wood, ive never had a problem with it. it makes a tight seal and anytime i check the intake tube, it is always clean. what kind of things can go wrong with the k&n. keep in mind, i have the entire intake system...not just the drop in filter

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The zoodad mod actually works. My egt's dropped, and you can feel the difference once your up to speed. All I did was pull the grill, removed a section of fiberglass about 3" by 6" and wrapped 3 layers of aluminum screen around the intake horn. Strapped on with a large zip tie, and presto! Done. Looks like crap, works great. Took all of 15 minutes.

JRJ04

Reaction score
What do mean by intake horn? are you referring to the intake path under the plastic box that goes on top of the battery?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
What do mean by intake horn? are you referring to the intake path under the plastic box that goes on top of the battery?

Well, I have an AFE so I have a round plastic snout that goes out into the front firewall. The 7.3's are different.

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't go apeshnit with the cutting if you have an open element filter. Soaking paper with rain water = not good.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
well i finally got around to doing this yesterday. I never thought it would really make noticable diff. but it really suprised me how much better my truck feels.:thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58