ZZZzzzZZzZz

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Pilot, I'm done. I just have to remember not to buy any used OBS from the east in the future:rich

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I have said it before and I will say it again.

The K&N Drop In Filters for the STOCK box are JUNK, DO NOT BUY THEM.

K&N get the bad rep from the DROP IN Filters on the 94.5-97 Trucks because of how the Stock air boxes seal, alot of people do not get them to seal correctly and don't use the grease to seal them. This will cause ENGINE damage and turbo damage for sure.

My Turbo Fins look still good and I have over 230K miles on the STOCK turbo ;)

Now, The K&N FIPK kits are very good.

I have one of the First Production FIPK kits for the OBS Trucks 94.5-97 PSD.

I have had over 100K Miles on it now and it is still good as new. :D

I have cleaned it at normal intervals and it isn't letting any dirt past the filter.

I have checked it over and over and over again, no dirt, no dust, no nothing ;)

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Also that year has a very good design for the stock air box.

There was updates that included new STEEL screws and other updates, but still sometimes they would not SEAL right and let dirt thru with even the STOCK filter it.

It is JUNK, replace it :sweet

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
hey this is not k&n bashing totally, just this app.. i as well have one on my quad does a great job and had one in my 99 chevy gasser did just fine. i'm not defending anyone but certain applications work better than others. i had one on my 2k 7.3 and didnt like it ran a AFE on it and now on my 05 and has worked like a champ and no particles coming through after all of my inspections.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
hey this is not k&n bashing totally, just this app.. i as well have one on my quad does a great job and had one in my 99 chevy gasser did just fine. i'm not defending anyone but certain applications work better than others. i had one on my 2k 7.3 and didnt like it ran a AFE on it and now on my 05 and has worked like a champ and no particles coming through after all of my inspections.
Yup, there is a HUGE difference between a normally aspirated gasser and a direct injected turbo charged engine. K&N elements work very well in the naturally aspirated department, and not so well in the turbo charged applications.

XOC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Man you guy got me thinking - after driving in the ashy air out here (san diego fires) I probably should change the air filter, oil, and oil filter huh?

racerx250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks

I have said it before and I will say it again.

My Turbo Fins look still good and I have over 230K miles on the STOCK turbo ;)
Now, The K&N FIPK kits are very good.
I have one of the First Production FIPK kits for the OBS Trucks 94.5-97 PSD.
I have had over 100K Miles on it now and it is still good as new. :D
I have cleaned it at normal intervals and it isn't letting any dirt past the filter.
I have checked it over and over and over again, no dirt, no dust, no nothing ;)

I just like that the FIPK looks like if i hit a nice puddle on RT 80W on my way to the PA MOUNTAINS from NJ. i might not suck water because of the partial box the K&N sits in! $230....

racerx250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
now

Today i go to napa asked for the 6673 tymar and the guy tells me $56, now a 12" L x 4" Dia w/ a 45deg in it aluminized $39. Dammmm . Guess the post I saw was dated 4/5/05 and prices have gone-way up ...

I found forgotten_ ford and his pictures on web shot showed a clamp for the tymar... found "DALE" and he sent me an e-mail right back about 3;30am my time and I will proplably go with his set up ... really liked the chart results.:sly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58