Said goodbye to our first family pet today.

nmu1974

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I dread the day we have to say good bye to our dog. I told my wife to give the second half of the shot to me. Hopefully not very soon as he is only 6 years old. It is amazing how attached we become to them and they in turn become to us. They give us nothing but unconditional love 24/7.

SyN PSD

Lubrication Addict!
Reaction score
Bama: My familys hearts go out to You and your family->{Esp the Children}. We are blessed with a 2yr old J Russell-{Tate}. Call me strange, but I don't think of him as a pet, I feel like he is my other son. Since he thinks he is human. What a wonderful breed of Dog.

Copper Jacks heavenly spirit will be with your family from now on. He is in good hands now. You will see him again some day.

God Bless You and Your family Bama!

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama sorry to hear about that , I lost my beloved chocolate lab (BEAR). I picked him out when he was two weeks old and picked him up on christmas day. Then my wife replaced him with another named moose.

Fine69

Reaction score
Stephen, sorry to hear about Copper Jack. Just take some comfort knowing he isn't suffering anymore.

Last edited:

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bama, I know your pain..... We had to let our pup (Dinkey) of 13 years go too. just this last October. Hang in there you'll make it.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the kind words.

Here is something kinda ironic. We went to eat at the Cracker Barrel last night for our youngest son's 5th birthday. They sell Webkinz there (my kids love em, they are stuffed animals) and they have just come out with a Jack Russel Terrior. Of course my daughter went crazy over it. If it helps her through the grieving process, I was all for it.

Wouldn't ya know it, she named it Copper.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Just saw this post Bama.....I'm so sorry to hear about Copper Jack. But know that you did the right thing and he's at peace now. It's never easy to let them go but you will always have the warm memories.

Last edited:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss Bama. It is really hard to lose a pet like that. When you hear something like this it makes you charish the time you have with your pets now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58