Who all tows a boat with there PowerStroke

951_POWERSTROKE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Power.....

You are correct....it was on SoCaps.....

I have had recent complications there and have decided to give SDD.com shot! It is always nice to see familuar faces........;)

BTW.......as soon as the weather permits.......are we still going waterskiing???:D

dougger222

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I use both diesels to tow the 1983 Sylvan 16ft 75hp fish/ski boat. Also tow a 6.5ftX12ft totally decked out fish house on wheels, 8x16ft dual axle camper turned fish house and a 11x17 fish house on ski's (Lake of the Woods). Any MN's or other members that fish LOW give me a PM!!!

Fishing out of the boat is fun but I prefer a warm toasty fish house with satellite tv, buzzer wheels, oven, auto jiggers, etc!!!

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
dougger222 said:
Fishing out of the boat is fun but I prefer a warm toasty fish house with satellite tv, buzzer wheels, oven, auto jiggers, etc!!!

That one thing we can do that the southern boys can't, Walk On Water.

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Don't slam me....but

I own a Bayliner 2252 Cuddy Cabin and have had great service from it. Our family loves going out cruising, tubing, fishing, and sightseeing. Weighs about 5000 lbs. fully loaded with gas and water and the F250 tows it very well.

attachment.php
(Large picture)

If I had the F350 maybe I could tow something a shade larger as in my avatar picture!

Currently modifying to be a small sport fisher with amennities in the cabin for comfortable overnighting, and adding more safety items to go a bit further offshore if we want.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

Check out what the red Super Duty is pulling.......

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Why would we slam you? This is not TDS. Looks like a nice boat to me :)

I think most guys on this site probably remember SteveBaz from the other site. He is the one with the "tips and tricks" website that is full of good PSD information. If you want to see a bunch of pictures of his new boat click here. It is a neat thread showing the whole build. If you just want to see the finished product goto page 8 for a shot in the water or page 9 for it on land. It is one nice boat and will look even better hooked behind his OBS PowerStroke powered truck:sweet I have been on him for a while to come visit us over here but he is too busy with his new boat. I think this weekend he is suppose to take delivery.

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
He's on thehulltruth alot. I have followed his boat and posts over there for a while, one serious cruising and fishing machine! I could only dream of having something like that for myself.

Have a great New Year everyone!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I talked to him about it only being a dream of mine to own a boat like that someday. Well turns out that he is just a working man like us (he sells wedding dresses in all the western states). He was able to get his dream boat by selling a house and going in with his lifelong fishing parter on the boat. Makes a guy think that when he gets near retirement age like Steve that anything is possible. He wants to spend his retirement years out on the sea catching fish so he made it happen. I hope in another 19 years when I retire I will have a plan to make what I want to do happen.

StinkyShoe

C-Brat Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Cool boat, Crumm...I'm with you, low draft is where it's at. There are so many cool places one misses out on when you've got extra baggage below the water line...

I'm not quite as shallow as you...I draw around 8". Not exactly a river boat, but it gets me just about anywhere I want to go otherwise.

Here's a pic of my current baby, taken near Shasta on the way back from a Puget Sound trip last year. I've since sold the Quigley. Hardly ever used it, and the truck tows much better.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14