01 crew cab subwoofer box dimensions

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how bout 99-03...my 04 does NOT have such an item.

does THAT seat have the fold out tray system under ???

MrJohnWayne

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you have the solid bench (99-03 I think not sure on 04) you can flip the brackets.

my 00 has them and my 02 had them as well. You have the bracket that bolts to the floor, then another bracket that bolts to the seat.

the 2 brackets bolt together. Remove the seat then remove the brakets from the seat then turn them 180*

I did this in my 02 and moved the seat forward.

my 00 I built a smaller box that would fit without moving the seat though..

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Got most of the box cut tonight. Gonna put 'er together Sunday morning and get all the wiring done, then once the glue has cured slap the subs in and we'll be set! Still need to cut the holes for the subs and wiring, but that'll have to wait as a circ saw and table saw don't work too well for stuff like that and a buddy of mine is bringing his jig saw over Sunday.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Box is complete and the silicone is curing. Wires for the amp are all run too. Decided to get it done tonight and watch football tomorrow. Gonna finish it up on Monday.

Reaction score
sorry guys i was smokin crack when i said 99-04 i meant 03. The 99-03 seats do not fold up like the 04's and later so no they dont have the fold out tray thingy.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Got 'em in last night. Sounds really nice, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. They don't boom quite as much as the 12's I had back in the day, but very nice and TIGHT bass. The speakers are a little close to the rear seat, so I may move it forward a bit. Also going to see if trimming the carpet on the back of the cab a little bit can buy me enough room. I'll snag some pics today too probably, and post up dimensions of the box.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its probably better, for those that are interested in building one, that
it isnt carpeted.

btw ive purchased automotive grade <color matching> carpet
at the car toyz...but just about EVERY car audio shop should have
it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads