"03 6.0 won't start

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
Thanks to all, I sent her to the dealer. Dealer at first said she needed two new batteries, as the engine supposedly won't turn over fast enough to start. When I told them that the truck was running and then died, and subsequently would momentarily fire they agreed, something else was wrong, but they still needed two new batteries to get it to turn fast enough to run a test. They kind of had me over a barrel, so I let them put in two batteries, at a price of almost $300 ! When I called them yesterday they said parts are on order, should be in today, a fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and a fuel pressure sensor. What I don't understand is how can all of this go bad at once and never get a check engine light. Hopefully I get her back today.

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
The continuing saga. All the parts didn't arrive on Sat. so they said I should have it back on Mon. I called in the evening on Mon. and they said the parts arrived late, so the truck isn't finished. I called late on Tue. then they say that the HPOP is bad and they need to order it. I just recieved a call from the service writer, he said the truck is complete with both oil pumps being replaced as well as some other things. I'm leaving soon to go get it. I figure it should run like a scalded dog now, even without the tuner.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*******s ! just replacing parts HOPEFUL that theyll get it right...batteries, fuel delivery...all that crap and i bet you NONE of it was bad !

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get all your old parts back at the very least. If you can, have them put your old batteries back in when the do get it running to their satisfaction. Sorry to say this, but it's looking like this dealer is trying to work you over. How many miles on your truck? Warranty?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
hey, when mine was in i got the same shpeeel..parts didn't come in..came in late..had to order other things...

i feel for ya man. been there done that. HOPEFULLY, they replaced something that WAS the problem and you will be trouble free. let us know!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
They replaced BOTH oil pumps??!! :eek: You'll need a wad of bills that could choke a horse if they replaced all you list.

Last edited:

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
I wish I had thought to ask for the old parts. The truck seems to be fine now. Everything was warranty work except the batteries of course. I didn't mind paying for the batteries. $99 each, 100 month warranty. What P****d me off was the $67 installation charge.The batteries were 5 years old, but they started the truck every day prior to going to the stealer.

By the way F350DRW1, as a firefighter, I love your tailgate.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if it's all warranty you didn't make out too bad. Good deal on the bats, bad deal on the install. Win some/loose some.....

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I have mixed thoughts on this whole go around. On one hand I got hosed on the batt. install, but on the other hand, I got almost a whole new fuel system out of it.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah, there must be a battery rapist around here too. today i inquired about them and got the $120 each + install quote....i wanted to puke..

per your truck: hope all is well and you wont be going back..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58