"03 6.0 won't start

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carquest, John Deere, Napa, should all have pretty good deals on batteries, and plenty of variety to pick from.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
just went to wallyworld tonite. i think it was an everstart maxx 850 cca 1000ca @ $73.88 w/ 3yr. warranty. not too bad i think

no purchase, just shopped....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If youre getting rid of the truck in the next two years get the everstarts, if you plan on keeping her longer than that go get the Motorcrafts. After all, youve had Motorcrafts since 03 and they have served you well.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're probably not the greatest batteries. Best ones I've ever had were Interstates. you can't kill them..

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On top of most batt. there's a build date. It's stamped into the body or top. Check it and see if it close to the date you’re buying it, try to get them with in two weeks of being built. Allot of the time you'll get a new batt. that’s been sitting on a shelf for 6 months or longer and they do loss there kick after time sitting.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I wish I had thought to ask for the old parts. The truck seems to be fine now. Everything was warranty work except the batteries of course. I didn't mind paying for the batteries. $99 each, 100 month warranty. What P****d me off was the $67 installation charge.The batteries were 5 years old, but they started the truck every day prior to going to the stealer.

By the way F350DRW1, as a firefighter, I love your tailgate.

That tailgate has sparked some interesting conversations over the years. :D

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there really a difference between Interstate and their cheaper version, PowerVolt?

Don't know... but most likely they changed something more than just the nameplate to lower the price. It generally comes down to a lest robust battery in many areas. Vibration resistance, short circuit capacity (should call it instantaneous current)

Guess the real question is how long do you plan on holding on to the truck?

They sold me when my 81 capri lost an ignition module... I had swapped the 2.3L out for a 351PI. Car died in the middle of an intersection in Pittsburgh's southside. I used the starter to drive the car out of the intersection, about 75 feet up hill. Then I proceeded to grind on it for another 20 minutes before it *started* to slow down... I've never seen a battery put up with that kind of abuse, and not self destruct or loose capacity.

Just my 2 cents worth.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
On top of most batt. there's a build date. It's stamped into the body or top. Check it and see if it close to the date you’re buying it, try to get them with in two weeks of being built. Allot of the time you'll get a new batt. that’s been sitting on a shelf for 6 months or longer and they do loss there kick after time sitting.

awesome tip....:sweet

never would have thought of that...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58