Help Needed 04 F-250 Dead

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen explosions. Yes, the guy used too much ether. It is your truck and you can do what you like.

Dave

I have TOO ! But to each ?.. His or Her own. Yer call. :dunno

I'd have mine towed by a Dodge'r a Chebby before I'd use Ether :lmao

ballistic711

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am having kinda the same problem. My 04 drove great to work then 8 hours later turned over great no starting. I replaced the fuel filters thinking no fuel. have 1/2 tank. Also I am getting a clicking noise during the wait to start. don't remember hearing that before. I hear the fuel pump running as well. This is my first diesel don't know that much about them. How does one go about finding the error codes? Also the HPOP was replaced in November. My buddy was telling me that if the gasket or something like it was leaking then it wouldn't start.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will need some kind of code scanner. I have an Autoenginuity package that runs on a Windows Laptop. It is the best scanner that you and I can buy. There are others that you can buy that cost less, but...

How old are your batteries??? If your truck will not turn over at 450 rpms, the PCM (computer) will not fire the injectors. Low batteries may crank the engine, but not fast enough. Check your oil level on the dip stick. The HPOP uses oil to fire the injectors and you need to keep the oil level up to normal. Plug your block heater in for a couple of hours to get the block warmer. The plug is located behind the bumper on the right side. Good Luck.

Dave

ballistic711

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The batteries are 6 months old and i charged them last night. Nothing. Oil level is 1/8" above low level mark. where should it be?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58