'04 will not start

mantis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.I went out to start my truck after work this morning,and it will just turn over.It turns over normal.doesn't sound any different then normal,but it just won't start.Doesn't fire, pop,act like she wants to start, nothing
Any suggestions?

'04 F250

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
FICM would be a good place to start. They do die suddenly. Check engine light on? Get it scanned.

Dave

mantis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
FICM would be a good place to start. They do die suddenly. Check engine light on? Get it scanned.

Dave

Check engine has never been on. If it was the ficm would the check engine light be on?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Mine did not show a light, when it died. You can't be sure about these computer controlled engines without getting it scanned. You don't have to go to Ford to get it scanned, just a good diesel mechanic.

Dave

mantis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Mine did not show a light, when it died. You can't be sure about these computer controlled engines without getting it scanned. You don't have to go to Ford to get it scanned, just a good diesel mechanic.

Dave

Ok I guess ill start there.The last thing I would do is go to a Ford dealer to have it repaired.I would bring it to someone who knows what they are doing

mantis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Dave

Hey dave Would a bad FICM cause hard starting and hesitating while riving?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes the Fuel Injection Control Module (FICM) will cause those and will stop your engine if it is dead. A scanner should show fuel injection codes if it is bad. I don't remember what codes exactly off the top of my head.

Dave

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A ScanGaugeII is a good buy for a code reader/scan tool/gauges. They are about $160.

It will read FICM voltages and a number of other key engine parameters. They are quite handy.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typical FICM codes:

P0611 and or a number of injector "low circuit codes":

P0261
P0264
P0267
P0270
P0273
P0276
P0279
P0282

mantis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can test the FICM with a voltage meter if the truck won't start? it is showing 48 voltz with the ignition on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58