10.9 is getting old.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1,500-1,700 there is a couple of sites that sell ford replacement parts such as the dpf and thats what i figured everyone had different prices basically 1,700 is what the dealer would charge but do you want to go through the dealer for a dpf ....yeaaaa noooo , anyways i been having same prob black soot out the exhaust end back to the tip on the tail pipe and this is after the PCM reflash recall ford had recently hahah it puffs black randomly also

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will say I am a bunch happier with this truck now. The Spartain mods are a nice improvement, although not full proof. Seem to have a problem with surging at lower speeds now. But milage and power are much better. Still not 20, but running around getting 15 is more acceptable. I don't drive the truck near as much now, the Toyota does all the small stuff. But when I do drive it the happiness meter is much higher, and I love that 5 inch exhaust. It just needs a 51 gal fuel tank and it will be a great long haul pulling rig.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
" The Spartan mods are a nice improvement, although not full proof. Seem to have a problem with surging at lower speeds now." how so ? im gonna get the spartan with the 65,175,275 tune couple weeks from now how bad is this surging ? is it just bad luck or you think all spartans tuners do this ? cuz im sick of my RBP tuner had to reflash it 3 times and wont work on my rig after the pcm reflash so i gotta take it into rbp to reflash the tuner and the the truck possubly

Last edited:

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have not contacted Spartan about the surging yet, but talked with a guy who did. Hopefully have a fix soon, if not already. But the mileage is better than what you are getting. I have been happy with the 5 inch exhaust and tuner. Is it worth $1800? To me it is, because now I am somewhat happy with the truck. And I intend to keep this truck for several years, because Resale is not good anyway.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
muddobber so what you think ? i already got an rbp programmer and wanting to get the dpf-delete from h-s performance cuz its whats affordable , or should i save up haha for that spartan ? did u have probs with the rig after the pcm reflash by ford b/c i had probs with my programmer did you run into anything with the spartan

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I did not get the reprogram. I figured the Spartan had already done the update. I can not tell you what to get, maybe somebody else can. Spartan
has again worked for me and made me happy. But its not just worlds better on milage, but is 2 to 3 better. And much better feel to the motor.

08StrokerFX4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Filter Claen out

Hey guys I have a question on that exhaust clean out deal, I bought my 08 about 2 weeks ago and right after i got it i took in on a fairly long trip. Now i had that exhaust thing come on like 3 times in one day but it seemed like it was coming on at least once on ever tank i put through it. is this to much should i have it looked at, I am really new to this model, is that what you mean by DPF delete, does that get rid of that exhaust cleaning deal. if i do that to that truck do they void the warranty on the motor or what
any help would be appreciated
thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr