18k mod

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
It all depends. Some guys run it and still can tell a difference, others not so much. If you already have a tuner though, it aint worth it. The tuner pretty much does what the 10k mod's gonna do.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
ok, the 10k mod is a 10k resistor that plugs into the ICP sensor on the drivers side valve cover. the ICP sends a signal to the computer telling it the oil pressure being sent to the injectors, IIRC. now when you put a resistor in this plug or inline(the way i did it) you make the signal that the PCM gets lower. the lower the signal seen by the PCM, the more oil pressure that it makes the HPOP send to the injectors. Being as our injectors are run off of oil pressure, when more oil pressure is sent to the injectors, the injectors put out more fuel, therefore giving you more power.

Its not a huge power increase, but it's enough to be felt and enough to make a little puff of black smoke.

Also, if you have a programmer such as a superchip or edge evolution then doing the 10k mod is still good for some power, but if you have a DP-Tuner or Tony Wildman chip, then the 10k mod is useless.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yeah i saw a little more when i first stepped on it, but i also saw that the smoke kept coming out. it wasn't much, but it did continue to smoke at all times while i had the petal to the metal instead of one puff then nothing like the regular 10k mod.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i had IPR problems when i did a 22k inline along with a 5.6k resistor jammed in the plug the old way as well and then on top of that i put in the Edge Evolution and forgot i had all that in there and then like a week and a half after running the Edge on extreme the truck would only start when it was cold. so i had to replace the IPR o-rings and wah-lah!! it cranks up everytime now. so the 22k is fine, but i wouldn't do anything higher than that again. i have run the 22k w/ the Edge and it is fine, but i am now just running the 15.6k w/ the Edge and still having no problems.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yeah it makes a little bit of difference in smoke level. it made it smoke more in the lower gears and more when i rev up the truck. i also got a little better low end power. it didn't make a huge difference, but i did see a positive increase over running it with just the Edge. i plan on taking off the 10k mod and my Edge a little bit after i put in my stage 1's (hopefully within the next month and a half) in lew of a 2 position DP-Tuner with a custom push/pull switch on the shifter for my 2 positions. i may dyno the truck w/ the edge and 15.6k mod and w/ just the edge to see exactly what difference it made.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Sounds good. Post up the dyno info and pics of the custom shift mount switch. I'd love to see em. Good luck with it all

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
no problem, will do. i have worked everything through in my head and hopefully all these things i need to install on this truck will go as smoothly as i'm thinking they will. i'm just not going to be able to get my 17* HPOP in by the big dyno day this year. :dunno

i'm hoping for between 300-350 hp on the stage 1's w/ stock HPOS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14