2 Stroke Oil Works!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Just for S&G I went ahead and doubled down on the 2 cycle (2 oz oil to 1 Gal Diesel) which had it's good and bad. Quieter injectors/engine but at the cost of increased CCV vapors maybe by 50%:doh:

Maybe I'll switch from the blue bottle to the Mercury brand for awhile on the 2oz blend to see if CCV vapor volume changes any.

Sandman

Superfluous Tasks
Reaction score
Been running 1/2 oz per gal in a 00 7.3.. much quieter and better MPG.. won't know for sure until spring when I tow again..

But it seems to be working..

Oh yea.. WallyWorld blue bottle stuff..

Anyone know what color fuel you get by adding blue 2 cy oil to red fuel?

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Been running 1/2 oz per gal in a 00 7.3.. much quieter and better MPG.. won't know for sure until spring when I tow again..

But it seems to be working..

Oh yea.. WallyWorld blue bottle stuff..

Anyone know what color fuel you get by adding blue 2 cy oil to red fuel?

Purple?:dunno

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using the 2 stroke oil from wallmart and it is a big difference!! i went from 15 1/2 to 16 mpg and it runs much quieter and smoother!!.May be the oil does two things 1 lub the injectors 2, It might be suppressing the entrained air,:dunno.But I do know one thing ,It does make a big difference :sweet

Last edited:

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
frantz oil bypass

hey jimmy, let me know how u like that bypass. and how it works, where can i get one and so forth? appreciate. also have u tyried running the 2-cycle oil as they suggested? and if so have u notice any improvement in milage? and if so did the eng. quiet down as every one saying. just reading these threads has started me to thinking which my wife says is bad:sweet

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Has anybody tried 2 stroke oil along with a cetane improver? I'm still trying to break 15mpg. I have been running B-2 or B-5 so is the 2 stroke oil going to help me any?

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have been traveling with my trailer in tow and getting 10MPG steady with BP Diesel Fuel and a little bit of Wally's 2 Cycle Oil. I filled up today with no name brand in Louisville KY and instant readings of 8MPG and I did not put in 2 Cycle Oil in this tank. Wow at 4.30/Gallon and 8MPG I want to get rid of that tank. Why is there so much difference in Diesel energy from different tanks. I sure felt that my truck was out of power, I am going to put more 2 cycle oil in the remaining of this tank and see if there is a difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58