2 Stroke Oil Works!!!

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a word to the wise, Calif is now checking ALL trucks, on certain highways, for RED fuel.

Dave

Thanks for the heads up Dave, I never ran any red so I have no worries there. I have been thinking about running some 2 stroke oil in the tank to see how it changes how the truck runs.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
I don't know the specifics on the dye in off-road diesel, but it is supposed to stick around for a log time even if just used once. I wonder if the ATF fluid would leave a residue like off-road does. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep an open bottle of ATF with you in case you were stopped. But could you imagine the headache of trying to convince an officer or anyone else who has no experience with diesels that your red fuel isn't dye??? Ughhh!
Craig

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
5 tank average...
14.87mpg

I'd have to say the increased lubricity is doing something.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
still 14.8 - 14.9

and this includes taking a horse to the vet (3500lb trailer + 2000 lb horse) and taking two horses to a trail ride (3500lb trailer + two 2000 lb horses & 100lbs of tack) on the same tank...

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I'm running RBP's fuel additive it bonds with the water in yer fuel and allows it to burn off.
This is one thing I know for sure that you don't want to do with the new injectors. Water going through them will bring them to a short life.
Jim

bigredram3500

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here coming over from the Dodge side of things. There has been a huge discussion on the Dodge Cummins forums going back over a year or so. In a nutshell, it improves lubricity thereby increasing mileage, burns off clean since its desugned to burn in an internal combustion engine anyway.

The Wally World stuff is the most popular and some have done scientific testing and it showed its the best option. They say use a non marine-non synthetic two cycle oil and your good to go.

I used it on my Cummins and am using it now in my new F250, the tank had two cycle in it before the odometer passed 40 miles.

Also, cetane boost and additives were shown to have negative results on lubricity, especially when combined with ULSD. Anyways, heres a link to the revised topic, some good info in there. Hope it helps.

2-cycle Oils - Recommended List

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious, we used to use dexron trans fluid when doing fuel filter swaps on our construction equip and big deisels. it this a nono to the powerstrokes? should i try it? i did it once on a non turbo 7.3 to help prime the system and worked well. dunno. any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58