2000 F-250 Power loss after appr. 30 minutes of highway travel

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Mike,

The SD's don't have the schraeder valve. Take a look at the WIKI article for the set up.:sweet

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

OK, I give, time for me to check out for the night.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
dtreat said:
Bushwakd,
Thanks, can you acces this tube without dropping the tank?

No, either run tank low on fuel and drop the tank or remove the bed of the truck to access. There are some in tank mods. to do while you are in there or just clean or replace the the orifice. Check part availibility first before dropping tank.
On my early 99 work truck ,the same symptoms were occurring from the lack of fuel not entering the orifice screens and the motor would run normal and then lose power and just shake, smoke, rattle, knock etc. It took dealer 3 tries to diagnose symptoms at one week intervals on and off. The dealer fixed it so I do not know the specific details. They replaced several sensors an injector and still no fix. Finally in the tank they went and found particles blocking the orifice.

This may not be a fix for you but is something to consider.

Bushwakd

dtreat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Problem solved

Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful advice, it turned out to be a clogged ebgv, and the little coupler between the tube and sensor. Many thanks... :sweet

dtreat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WIKI article

Where can I find this wiki article? I bought a pressure checker with the schrader valve, and I could not find out where to hook it on the fuel filter under the hood? :rolleyes:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
dtreat said:
Where can I find this wiki article? I bought a pressure checker with the schrader valve, and I could not find out where to hook it on the fuel filter under the hood? :rolleyes:

Thats becasue I led you astray last night, I had 94-97 PSD on the brains and you have a 99+ SD.

If you go to the very very top of any page here on the far right hand side you will find Technical Articles WIKI. Click it and it will take you off site to our member provided publications. Click on "list of articles" and from there you will find what you are looking for and a whole bunch of other stuff that will no doubt empty greenbacks from your billfold.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
dtreat said:
Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful advice, it turned out to be a clogged ebgv, and the little coupler between the tube and sensor. Many thanks... :sweet

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sweet :sweet :sweet

dtreat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WIKI Articles

Wow! I am impressed with all the information, and the efforts put forth for this forum:thumbs I am not quite ready to tackle the tank, maybe when it warms up something will inspire me?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
dtreat said:
Wow! I am impressed with all the information, and the efforts put forth for this forum:thumbs

Keep in mind that all those articles are member submitted, so, when you are doing mods or maintenance work on your vehicle it would be helpful to the rest of us if you put it together in pictures and words. Then you too can have your own article in the WIKI.:sweet

dtreat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Future WIKI

If I had known, I would have took some pictures, there is always next time. I like it here, so I am sure there will be some future mods...:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14