2001 F-350 4x4 Lariat CC Transmission

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
so i just bought damn near the same truck, 2001 CC SRW Lariat, 77,980miles. and i havent been hearing many good things. did i just get myself into a world of debt with **** breaking??????

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
shipping

BWard said:
Will they ship out there transmissions?

Brian ships them via FEDEX ground freight to a dock or to your door if you can unload it. It comes in a transmission 'suitcase' and then you call for a pickup of the old one or take it to the freight dock. I put mine in two days ago and just installed my cooler tonight, so I should be running in the a.m. - just in time for the icestorm that may be coming tonight. It will be well worth it to do it right!

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bobcat698 said:
I am also a dealer for BTS. Let me know if I can help.
The only thing I have HAD to Replace is the HPOP 203,000 miles and Front sway bar end links had that done this week on my 01! It has 226,000 miles on it!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
lifted_up said:
Brian ships them via FEDEX ground freight to a dock or to your door if you can unload it. It comes in a transmission 'suitcase' and then you call for a pickup of the old one or take it to the freight dock. I put mine in two days ago and just installed my cooler tonight, so I should be running in the a.m. - just in time for the icestorm that may be coming tonight. It will be well worth it to do it right!

If you are going to do it yourself, don't forget to replace the tranny cooler. It may have debris from the old tranny, don't want that trash in your new tranny. Don't forget to flush the cooler lines also. This would be a good time to put the 6.0 tranny cooler in.

BWard

Auctioneer
Reaction score
O.K So I should purchase a 2006 Trans cooler?
Are there any aftermarket places to purchase these?
Do they slip right into the 2001 spot?
What should we us to flush the lines?
Are there any other items I need to complete this trans swap?
I am having a local transmission shop install it. Right now my truck is stitting at a local Ford dealer. They wanted $400.00 dollars for the parts department handling fee for the BTS trans plus installation. NO WAY! I am putting my truck on a trailer tomorrow and will wait for the BTS trans to come, and then take it to the trans shop.

I appreciate all the help you all are giving me

Thank you all,
Brian
2001 F-350 Lariat CC 4x4 soon to be BTS trans plus who knows?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14