2006 F-250 6.0L $$$$$$$$$

SCE_T-roy

Black smoke belcher
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a F-250 Crew cab this week. Its black, 172 wheel base, 4x4 with the XLT package. A few extras include: Camper package, Tow reciever, F X 4 package and sliding rear window. The thing is my sales person told me the MSRP is $44,000. I was planing on camping out at the dealer until they lowered the price to $36,5000. What do ya'll think? Will they cave in or is that too low of a price? I havn't bought a new truck since 1992. This won't be my first Ford, but my current truck will be my last GM.

:thumbs

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
run forest

44 for a 250 xlt is two high for me

but you are in california,
i know there are fleet sales guys at a few dealers hips out there that work with truck nuts like us to get good deals

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think you should be able to approach 10K off list....

with 3% holdback, discounts, etc...

get on kbb.com and/or edmunds.com to see what the invoice price is and in these market conditions, invoice or below is the norm...
send an email to the internet dept of 5 or 6 dealers and see the response you get...

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
msrp on mine was $49,000.....I got it for $40,500. But that was both my father and I buying almost the same truck at the same time. That sales man had a smile so big you could see it from a mile away.

97nukeford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck this week. It is a F250 c/c longbed, powerstroke, torqueshift, lariat, 4x4, pretty much with all of the goodies including 20" wheels. I was able to get the dealer down to 40,169 (sticker was around 49,400) with the rebate. I played two dealers against each other, so that may have helped!

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 06... 44.2 msrp, 37.2 +taxes and stuff... and I ordered it.

F250 PSD supercab, 8 foot bed 4x4 XLT Sport, tow command, plow package, dual alts, rear swaybar, 17 tires, PTO option, Black, cab lights. So far I added a fold down goosneck hitch, and the 05 harley grill... Looking for the harley headlights and the chrome tow hooks.

NavyAg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The price you are being quoted seems a little high, given that it is a buyers market especially for the big trucks. I did trade in my 97 F150 truck on what I have now, but with all the rebates and haggling over the bottom line price for the truck, I walked out with a $53K (MSRP) 2005 F250 King Ranch CC FX4 Powerstroke, loaded with everything (but the cab lights) for $38K (including tax and license). You should be able to do better. Keep looking and/or bring quotes from other dealers for similiar trucks to your salesman. But first thing you need to do is find out the invoice amount, then subtract the rebates, for the bottom line that you can realistically think you can get it for. They will not give it away though as much as you may want them to. Good luck. I love my truck and am sure you will too.

Reaction score
NavyAg said:
. . . I walked out with a $53K (MSRP) 2005 F250 King Ranch CC FX4 Powerstroke, loaded with everything (but the cab lights) for $38K (including tax and license). . . .

That's um damn good on 53K :sweet My KR listed almost 53K and I got it for 41K and some change.

Heck - I'm taking you with me next time I need a truck :hail :D

Ron

Scot

;()
Reaction score
NavyAg said:
The price you are being quoted seems a little high, given that it is a buyers market especially for the big trucks. I did trade in my 97 F150 truck on what I have now, but with all the rebates and haggling over the bottom line price for the truck, I walked out with a $53K (MSRP) 2005 F250 King Ranch CC FX4 Powerstroke, loaded with everything (but the cab lights) for $38K (including tax and license). You should be able to do better. Keep looking and/or bring quotes from other dealers for similiar trucks to your salesman. But first thing you need to do is find out the invoice amount, then subtract the rebates, for the bottom line that you can realistically think you can get it for. They will not give it away though as much as you may want them to. Good luck. I love my truck and am sure you will too.

:hail HEY!! I hope that price included your trade in???!!! You're going to make us all feel like wo got screwed!!!!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Mine was at 45,200 but me and my (let me note: jewish) mother got them down to 39,200

It's a 2005 F-250 Supercab Longbed, Fx4, nothin fancy on it, just a 6-whoa, a 6-cd player, Fx4, and a Sport Package

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg