2006 F-250 6.0L $$$$$$$$$

tcorbitt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The thing is my sales person told me the MSRP is $44,000. I was planing on camping out at the dealer until they lowered the price to $36,5000. What do ya'll think?

.... IMHO, Camping out is not a good way to negotiate. Leaving and heading to another dealer is your best tactic, and they know this.... Once you leave the dealership, chances of your returning are very low...

I Purchased an 06 F350 Crew PSD King Ranch 4X4 Sticker was $52,000 even. Purchased (no trade or financing) cash for $41,600. Found the truck on the internet. Went to the dealership, drove it. Told the salesman I was ready to buy if he could hit my price and deliver the truck the same day (wanted to make sure he and his manager know I was dead serious). If not, I told them I was leaving to buy another truck at a different dealership. No games, not camping out, long discussions about their cost, etc...; I just wanted to buy a truck that day. It took about 30 minutes and I had a deal.

How I arrived at the price.
MSRP $52,000.

Invoice $46,524. Less $2500 Rebate (from Ford's website, confirmed with KBB)
Less $1000 Factory to Dealer Incentive
Less $1000 Commercial Rebate
========
$42,024 was the best price I figured I could get. I know the hold back is signifanct for this truck, but didn't figure I could eat very far into that.

Since I walked in off the street and knew there were 6 similar trucks in the area, I offered $1K ($41,000) less to see what they would come back at. They came back at $42,500. I told them I didn't have anytime to waste and needed to buy a truck ASAP. If that was the best price and no one else could beat it, I would be back within 24hours to buy. Not wanting to see me leave they made a last ditch effort to win the deal... Split the difference at $41,750 plus first oil change free. Knowing the price of a PSD oil change ($125), I countered with a check for $41,600, forget the oil change. They took the check, delivered the truck for $41,600 and still gave me the free oil change to earn my business. I felt quite happy with the price and love the truck. Purchased in December in E. Brookfield MA. Sales experience was terrific and first service (free oil change and replacement of tires due to Continental recall) completed flawlessly. (Note, $41,600 did not include Sales tax/reg fees, just $$ to dealer. No additional fees for paperwork or add-on's to complicate the deal. I made it clear up front any price we discuss includes all extra dealer fees.)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
tcorbitt said:
The thing is my sales person told me the MSRP is $44,000. I was planing on camping out at the dealer until they lowered the price to $36,5000. What do ya'll think?

.... IMHO, Camping out is not a good way to negotiate. Leaving and heading to another dealer is your best tactic, and they know this.... Once you leave the dealership, chances of your returning are very low...

I Purchased an 06 F350 Crew PSD King Ranch 4X4 Sticker was $52,000 even. Purchased (no trade or financing) cash for $41,600. Found the truck on the internet. Went to the dealership, drove it. Told the salesman I was ready to buy if he could hit my price and deliver the truck the same day (wanted to make sure he and his manager know I was dead serious). If not, I told them I was leaving to buy another truck at a different dealership. No games, not camping out, long discussions about their cost, etc...; I just wanted to buy a truck that day. It took about 30 minutes and I had a deal.

How I arrived at the price.
MSRP $52,000.

Invoice $46,524. Less $2500 Rebate (from Ford's website, confirmed with KBB)
Less $1000 Factory to Dealer Incentive
Less $1000 Commercial Rebate
========
$42,024 was the best price I figured I could get. I know the hold back is signifanct for this truck, but didn't figure I could eat very far into that.

Since I walked in off the street and knew there were 6 similar trucks in the area, I offered $1K ($41,000) less to see what they would come back at. They came back at $42,500. I told them I didn't have anytime to waste and needed to buy a truck ASAP. If that was the best price and no one else could beat it, I would be back within 24hours to buy. Not wanting to see me leave they made a last ditch effort to win the deal... Split the difference at $41,750 plus first oil change free. Knowing the price of a PSD oil change ($125), I countered with a check for $41,600, forget the oil change. They took the check, delivered the truck for $41,600 and still gave me the free oil change to earn my business. I felt quite happy with the price and love the truck. Purchased in December in E. Brookfield MA. Sales experience was terrific and first service (free oil change and replacement of tires due to Continental recall) completed flawlessly. (Note, $41,600 did not include Sales tax/reg fees, just $$ to dealer. No additional fees for paperwork or add-on's to complicate the deal. I made it clear up front any price we discuss includes all extra dealer fees.)

are you sure you didnt follow me around birmingham this past july?
we did 90% of the exact same thing,
except we agreed on my trade before i even drove the 70 miles to see em.
they had teh truck pulled off inventory and the keys sitting there with my name on it.
it was the most enjoyable car buy i ever did, free tires for life to.
CASH is KING
hope they do a similiar run this summer. I really want a crown vic lx sport for my wife,

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
are you sure you didnt follow me around birmingham this past july?
we did 90% of the exact same thing,
except we agreed on my trade before i even drove the 70 miles to see em.
they had teh truck pulled off inventory and the keys sitting there with my name on it.
it was the most enjoyable car buy i ever did, free tires for life to.
CASH is KING
hope they do a similiar run this summer. I really want a crown vic lx sport for my wife,
you should get her a mercury marauder :sly

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
i would but they be gone now, :(
it just didnt last with the 4.6 and a supercharger VROOOOM
I considered getting one before the truck and banking around 10,000 bucks, but im

6'2 215 lbs.

I need myself a truck

SCE_T-roy

Black smoke belcher
Reaction score
All 3 of the Ford dealers I went to tried to "stick it to me" too much. So I bought another Chevrolet. Sorry boys, I tried to be a Ford guy again.:sorry

Newtruck1.jpg

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
SCE_T-roy said:
All 3 of the Ford dealers I went to tried to "stick it to me" too much. So I bought another Chevrolet. Sorry boys, I tried to be a Ford guy again.:sorry

Hey, you gotta go where your pocket book leads you, Im sure youll be happy with the new Chevy, congrats on the purchase. Be sure and stop in now and then to let us know how its treating you. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg