2006 F-250 6.0L $$$$$$$$$

SCE_T-roy

Black smoke belcher
Reaction score
Right on fellas! Sounds like I need to put my game face on and I should get a good price. :thanks Why do we have to haggle the price down anyway? It should be like shopping at K-mart. Sticker price or clearance rack. I got fried pretty bad the first time I bought a new truck back in 1988. It was a 88 GMC 1500 4x4, sweet truck. I paid $16,800 I should have talked them down to $13,000. It was a school of hard knocks lesson for me.

cj7zrcool

Inhaler
Reaction score
Some of the dealers here in North Texas are advertising $10K off on deisel SuperDutys. If they can, your dealer can too.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
SCE_T-roy said:
Right on fellas! Sounds like I need to put my game face on and I should get a good price. :thanks Why do we have to haggle the price down anyway? It should be like shopping at K-mart. Sticker price or clearance rack. I got fried pretty bad the first time I bought a new truck back in 1988. It was a 88 GMC 1500 4x4, sweet truck. I paid $16,800 I should have talked them down to $13,000. It was a school of hard knocks lesson for me.
damn i'm glad I learned early, I'm 18 and I talked 5,000 off my ride

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
N. Alabama Area

I picked up a 2006 Supercab Lariat for $38k out the door. That's after a lot of wheeling an dealing. Have you tried the internet sales? On Consumer Reports you can get the exact price of everything and get the dealer holdback. It will cost you $12 to get it, but it's saved me more than that on the last two trucks that I've purchased.

Good Luck

ShraderMan:thumbs

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
Mine was at 45,200 but me and my (let me note: jewish) mother got them down to 39,200

It's a 2005 F-250 Supercab Longbed, Fx4, nothin fancy on it, just a 6-whoa, a 6-cd player, Fx4, and a Sport Package

Jewish? I like that! Can I borrow your mother the next time I need to buy a set of wheels? She sounds like a very good negotiator!

NavyAg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes the price that I paid for mine included my trade-in. It was paid off but needed some work. My KR is light years better than my F150 lariat was. More economical, more capbaility, and better value overall. Plus just love that diesel!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
Jewish? I like that! Can I borrow your mother the next time I need to buy a set of wheels? She sounds like a very good negotiator!
Oh yeah, before when my dad was buying his 02 F-350 it was 47,350

she talked it down to 35,730

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 49k list 06 6.0 for 39600. My dad went back the next week and picked his 50k list 06 6.0 up for 39900! We were both ecstatic and so was the salesman.

tcorbitt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
PSD Pricing

The thing is my sales person told me the MSRP is $44,000. I was planing on camping out at the dealer until they lowered the price to $36,5000. What do ya'll think?

.... IMHO, Camping out is not a good way to negotiate. Leaving and heading to another dealer is your best tactic, and they know this.... Once you leave the dealership, chances of your returning are very low...

I Purchased an 06 F350 Crew PSD King Ranch 4X4 Sticker was $52,000 even. Purchased (no trade or financing) cash for $41,600. Found the truck on the internet. Went to the dealership, drove it. Told the salesman I was ready to buy if he could hit my price and deliver the truck the same day (wanted to make sure he and his manager know I was dead serious). If not, I told them I was leaving to buy another truck at a different dealership. No games, not camping out, long discussions about their cost, etc...; I just wanted to buy a truck that day. It took about 30 minutes and I had a deal.

How I arrived at the price.
MSRP $52,000.

Invoice $46,524. Less $2500 Rebate (from Ford's website, confirmed with KBB)
Less $1000 Factory to Dealer Incentive
Less $1000 Commercial Rebate
========
$42,024 was the best price I figured I could get. I know the hold back is signifanct for this truck, but didn't figure I could eat very far into that.

Since I walked in off the street and knew there were 6 similar trucks in the area, I offered $1K ($41,000) less to see what they would come back at. They came back at $42,500. I told them I didn't have anytime to waste and needed to buy a truck ASAP. If that was the best price and no one else could beat it, I would be back within 24hours to buy. Not wanting to see me leave they made a last ditch effort to win the deal... Split the difference at $41,750 plus first oil change free. Knowing the price of a PSD oil change ($125), I countered with a check for $41,600, forget the oil change. They took the check, delivered the truck for $41,600 and still gave me the free oil change to earn my business. I felt quite happy with the price and love the truck. Purchased in December in E. Brookfield MA. Sales experience was terrific and first service (free oil change and replacement of tires due to Continental recall) completed flawlessly. (Note, $41,600 did not include Sales tax/reg fees, just $$ to dealer. No additional fees for paperwork or add-on's to complicate the deal. I made it clear up front any price we discuss includes all extra dealer fees.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg