220 volts on Engine block heater?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Working glow plugs are a MUST. My truck will start below freezing on the glow plugs only. I have needed the block heater only once in 30 some years of owning diesel trucks.

Dave:)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone... I don't want to make a big deeal of it, but it would be fu to use it now that I found it. I'm pretty sure it has never ever been used before. I'll try to find a step down transformer somewhere. I do have a little trouble starting when it is freezing, but maybe a new set of glow plugs would help.
**And Joe, we don't have US Ford dealers over here. Only puny Europe Ford dealers. Thats a completely different branch. They would just shake their heads if I came to them with my truck!

Ya Friis.. I was just thinking that if you went to a Euro Ford dealer, they might be able to research it for you.. cuz there could/should be IH/Navistar 7.3L diesel engine applications, for other uses, with maybe a 220v Euro block heater part number ?

As mentioned earlier: 5w40 oil could be an easier cold start answer too.

Joe

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running on some quality German fully synthetic 5w40 oil.
I once tried to go to a euro Ford dealer and they were not very helpful. But maybe...
Thanks anyway.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know but just thinking. Does the AU run with the same power system as the UK if so they could have something down there that could work.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I briefly did some research on this and someone suggested running two 120v universal freeze plug type heaters wired in series......Just a thought.

Tbar

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Tbar has a good solution, just series them together. That will work and it is not expensive.

Dave :thumbs

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I briefly did some research on this and someone suggested running two 120v universal freeze plug type heaters wired in series......Just a thought.

Tbar

Yeah that would work if I had a second heater :dunno

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure they do- I just looked at it, but you wont get free shipping.... change the (country) pulldown by the shipping rates to denmark. You could have it to you for $13.10+ $9.46 shipping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14