+400 RWHP on a 7.3L?

Cable_Guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How can I obtain an honest 400 RWHP on my '01 7.3L?

I rolled down 305 RWHP now with DP Tuner's 140 tune, 4inch exhaust, after-market turbo (not H2E){forgot the name}, and an AFE air cleaner/box. As of late, I am not throwing any codes except over boost. Tranny is built and ready to take the abuse....

Thoughts in getting >400 RWHP from you PSD experts? :dunno

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cable_Guy said:

I rolled down 305 RWHP now with DP Tuner's 140 tune, 4inch exhaust, after-market turbo (not H2E){forgot the name}, and an AFE air cleaner/box. As of late, I am not throwing any codes except over boost. Tranny is built and ready to take the abuse....

400+ RWHP is definitely do-able and the depths of your checking account are the only limitations...

Cable_Guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just want 400 RWHP and will gladly pay to get it. I just want it to lay down 400 is all on a Mustang dyno.

What are the special ingredients?

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cable_Guy said:

First of all, if your throwing an overboost code, then you are defueling, so its possible that you may be a scoshe higher on the hp than you are seeing. Get an overboost regulator from ITP Diesel.

A set of hybrid injectors, a fuel system, and you should be very close

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
NO NO NO Guys. FIRST of all what rods do you have? Your 01 is the last year possible to get factory forged rods. Some had them some didn't. You need to inspect your bottom end before making more power. This is what will determine your next purchase.

Bryan

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
NO NO NO Guys. FIRST of all what rods do you have? Your 01 is the last year possible to get factory forged rods. Some had them some didn't. You need to inspect your bottom end before making more power. This is what will determine your next purchase.

Bryan

What-a-Burger beat me to it, but ditto what he said.

Try making over 400hp with powdered metal rods and you'll wish you stayed with the 305HP.:eek: :eek:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I take it your '01 has PMRs? I do too.:( Don't push it.

A set of hyrids will easily get you to the 400 mark. I met a guy at a DHRA race in Lubbock last year, he had stage II's at the time but added MiniMe hybrids later, I've read he now has 434hp. But he had the BIG fuel delivery system, BB turbo with 1.15 housing. He added a tapercore IC with the hybrids. Already had forged rods too.

My recipe is Big Earl, doing my own fuel system, prolly a van turbo with my ATS housing and 6oh intercooler. Good atomization leading to no CP spikes or excessive pressures. Don't know what I'll get on the rollers but I'll be happy.:thumbs

Do you know what your ICP is doing on that 140 from Jody? Evo Extreme holds 2400psi for me and it laid down 304 dropping 15psi fuel pressure with my handshaker though.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
400 rwhp is very doable on the 7.3, but as mentioned, you are pushing the hell out of the limits of the PMR's. But with injectors and proper tuning you can easily attain 400+.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14