+400 RWHP on a 7.3L?

Cable_Guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your input folks. I am a brand new 7.3L guy so not sure of all your lingo so bare with me!!! :thanks

The manufacture date on the VIN tag is 10/00. PMR or "good" rods?

Not sure what "ICP" means? .... internal fuel pressure? How do I measure that?

Who makes and what is the Big Fuel delivery system? Bigger lines and pusher pump?

What is Evo Extreme?

roosterdiesel said:
I take it your '01 has PMRs? I do too.:( Don't push it.

A set of hyrids will easily get you to the 400 mark. I met a guy at a DHRA race in Lubbock last year, he had stage II's at the time but added MiniMe hybrids later, I've read he now has 434hp. But he had the BIG fuel delivery system, BB turbo with 1.15 housing. He added a tapercore IC with the hybrids. Already had forged rods too.

My recipe is Big Earl, doing my own fuel system, prolly a van turbo with my ATS housing and 6oh intercooler. Good atomization leading to no CP spikes or excessive pressures. Don't know what I'll get on the rollers but I'll be happy.:thumbs

Do you know what your ICP is doing on that 140 from Jody? Evo Extreme holds 2400psi for me and it laid down 304 dropping 15psi fuel pressure with my handshaker though.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Cable_Guy said:
Thanks for all of your input folks. I am a brand new 7.3L guy so not sure of all your lingo so bare with me!!! :thanks

The manufacture date on the VIN tag is 10/00. PMR or "good" rods?

LOOK HERE for the way to tell if you have forged or PMR rods.

Cable_Guy said:
Not sure what "ICP" means? .... internal fuel pressure? How do I measure that?

ICP is injection control pressure, or in laymans terms.... how much oil pressure your HPOP is supplying.

Cable_Guy said:
Who makes and what is the Big Fuel delivery system? Bigger lines and pusher pump?

HERE is a link to some fuel systems.

Cable_Guy said:
What is Evo Extreme?

Its a program that can be run on the PSD's PCM.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Basically all of what 95stroker said.

You are too close to the date and need to look at the inspection hole to make sure.

Dieselsite where he linked, Diesel Innovations sells an Essex system, ITP Diesel that's on the list of sponsor links also sells an Aeromotive system. All three are good places to deal with. I've dealt with them all.:thumbs

I have a chip and a programmer which is the Edge Evolution. Extreme is the 3rd HP level on the programmer. I haven't dynoed with the Diesel Innovations chip. Thats coming up first weekend in April.:burnit

Cable_Guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good info guys! Thanks. Looks like I will be crawling the concrete this weekend. Up to how much RWHP will the PMR take? 350?

So Mr. Roosterdiesel - Your chip/programmer sounds very intersesting. Correct me if I am wrong, you have the Edge Evolution and a DI Chip. To get your best numbers (or seat of the pants), what level do you have set on both the Chip and Programmer?

Your DI chip on #3? Or Edge?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
You can't run them at the same time. If I run the Evo for power it's 3...around town it's level 2.

When I run the chip I have to unload the Evo and plug in the chip. I use all the programs on my chip depending on driving situations

Funbronco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So are you guys saying that older than 01' would have forged rods?:confused:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Funbronco said:
So are you guys saying that older than 01' would have forged rods?:confused:
Correct, the 94's on up through the 00's have the forged rods, somewhere in 01 they went to PMR's which are not as strong. Welcome to SDD Bronco.

Funbronco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks 95 Stroker,
So I guess I should be happy that mine is a 00'
I will put a sig on here when I have more time.:thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Funbronco said:
Thanks 95 Stroker,
So I guess I should be happy that mine is a 00'