+400 RWHP on a 7.3L?

superf350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has 400 been done on a stock turbo on a 7.3? Truthfully it's just so much easier and cheaper going the 6.0 route. I miss the big truck alot but when I mash the go peddle on my 6.0 I don't miss the big truck anymore! :burnit ;) :sorry

GREGROB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I personally set my limit around 350-375 with PMR's. I think yeah 'you can throw some hybrids in it and get there' or NOS, or Pane, but I don't know how safe these things are. My goals are a well-tuned, driveable and smooth 350-375hp, not just slobberin enough fuel through it to eliminate the mosquito population for six counties.

I might also add the 350 with Big Oil, and 350 without should feel a whole lot different, because Big Oil helps the truck pull all the way through the powerband, where as without it, you may peak high but fall off. So Big Oil greatly adds to the useable power.
With the proper programming, I think Big Oil and PMR's can live together, keep it efficient power, tuned well, and keep CP's low, and you have it. Jody Tipton knows how to program for this. ...and yes, you'll scare 400 to death.

Reaction score
superf350 said:
. . . . Truthfully it's just so much easier and cheaper going the 6.0 route. I miss the big truck alot but when I mash the go peddle on my 6.0 I don't miss the big truck anymore! :burnit ;) :sorry

:sweet Yep - I got a dyno sheet around here from my one and only dyno run that shows 368. That's with just a quad box and cat back. As I was only able to do one run - I didn't get a chance to crank her up.

Trying to make the Dyno day up in PA on the 29th of April - hopefully get some good runs and we will see just what a little box and cat back will do.

Ron

superf350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know what ya mean. With the SCT and an airaid the dually made 422HP! :D :thumbs

www.truckpulls.com

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Im glad to see your only at 305 with that tune. I am putting down 317 rwhp on my 2000 Excursion with another brand of tuner and no fuel/turbo mods. Heck, I dont even have a cold air intake on this thing....just a drop in K&N. That makes me feel good about my tuner, cause I had started getting Jody Tipton envy and had even called him and talked about getting one...but I dont want to go down in power...lol. That saves me about $400...how much beer does that buy...?

As for the 400 HP, there is a guy I know personally that you can talk to, his name is Kevin. Try giving him a call some evening, he is a puller and has grown from mild to wild and is currently trying to get to the next level....I think its called more money than brains......This guy can tell you what works and what doesn't to get to 400, 450 and 500 about now. Kevin is running big fuel, big injectors, had a van turbo but went up from there, major tranny fix'es, and I believe he was talking about porting his heads while they were off this past winter. Kevin has stepped over the last few years thru the usual gauntlet of bolt ons and add ons, so you may be able to find what would be the cheapest way to get to your goals from talking with him. He is also running the Jody tunes...so he is one of the in-guys with the Tipton following.
Kevin:
304-282-7405 Cell Evenings
[email protected]

mech2161

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Back in the day" the saying at the drag strip was, Money Buys Speed How Fast Do You Want To GO. Still applies today.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
superf350 said:
Has 400 been done on a stock turbo on a 7.3? Truthfully it's just so much easier and cheaper going the 6.0 route. I miss the big truck alot but when I mash the go peddle on my 6.0 I don't miss the big truck anymore! :burnit ;) :sorry
408 hp 925 tq stock fuel, stock turbo, hybrids. Daily/tow burn

412 hp 912 tq on a little hotter tow burn,when the ses light lit and it defueled. This was Wednesday when I dynoed.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
superf350 said:

yes i made 430 on stock turbo with stage 2's, however graph was very peaky. The addition of h2e supposedly lowered hp, but my graph was flat.

superf350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Either my 38's were killin me or my stage II's sucked. 360 is the best I ever saw and that was with a van turbo and propane! Shoot Tony I think you got the dyno sheets of my 353/696 and the wife's 6.0 that put down 383/711. Talk about being embarrassed! :( :nutkick:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14