6.0 intercooler and a upgraded CPS

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I installed a 6.0 I/c and one of those "Alternative" CPS's this weekend.

On a 6 speed it's a strait ahead R&R install on the Intercooler. On the automatic, I think you have to move the tranny cooler to get it in, then replace.

On the CPS ? I noticed a quieter/stronger sound, as soon as I fire it up. Ran thru the gears.... An overall Stronger feeling..... more PEP, from a standing stop. To soon to tell much more.

More To Follow

JOE

This CPS took quite a beating over on the "OTHER" channel. I'm impressed with it. At the very laest.... It's better that the stock one. IMO

Last edited:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Well... I installed a 6.0 I/c and one of those "Alternative" CPS's this weekend.

On a 6 speed it's a strait ahead R&R install on the Intercooler. On the automatic, I think you have to move the tranny cooler to get it in, then replace.

On the CPS ? I noticed a quieter/stronger sound, as soon as I fire it up. Ran thru the gears.... An overall Stronger feeling..... more PEP, from a standing stop. To soon to tell much more.

More To Follow

JOE

This CPS took quite a beating over on the "OTHER" channel. I'm impressed with it. At the very laest.... It's better that the stock one. IMO

Cool--does the 6.0 intercooler use the same tubes as the 7.3 intercooler or does it use new tubing/hoses? I was looking at a Banks or Hypermax intercooler, but at double the cost of a 6.0 intercooler kit, I don't know that they're double the quality or offer double the performance gain.

Do you have a part number/vendor for the CPS?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Cool--does the 6.0 intercooler use the same tubes as the 7.3 intercooler or does it use new tubing/hoses? I was looking at a Banks or Hypermax intercooler, but at double the cost of a 6.0 intercooler kit, I don't know that they're double the quality or offer double the performance gain.

Do you have a part number/vendor for the CPS?

I'm sure the stock tubes will match up but NOT sure about the lower hoses. I got the whole 9 yards from Dave @ Diesel Power Products.

I had upgraded to the Banks tubes and DPP hoses some time ago. so what I had matched up. The 6.0 I/c is Taller, wider, Thicker and Lighter. I'm game. :sweet :sweet

The Part # for the CPS is: IHC 1807339C92.

JOE

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
I'm sure the stock tubes will match up but NOT sure about the lower hoses. I got the whole 9 yards from Dave @ Diesel Power Products.

I had upgraded to the Banks tubes and DPP hoses some time ago. so what I had matched up. The 6.0 I/c is Taller, wider, Thicker and Lighter. I'm game. :sweet :sweet

The Part # for the CPS is: IHC 1807339C92.

JOE

Thanks--so let me get this straight--you went from bone stock, to stock IC with Banks tubes and DPP hoses (I'm assuming that the Banks tubes are the same diameter as the stockers on each end, at least), then finally to the 6.0 IC with the old Banks tubes and DPP hoses? Are you currently running the Banks 7.3 IC tubes with the 6.0 IC or did you get new tubes form DPP?

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Thanks--so let me get this straight--you went from bone stock, to stock IC with Banks tubes and DPP hoses (I'm assuming that the Banks tubes are the same diameter as the stockers on each end, at least),

2. then finally to the 6.0 IC with the old Banks tubes and DPP hoses?

Are you currently running the Banks 7.3 IC tubes with the 6.0 IC or did you get new tubes form DPP?

1. YES, and they ARE the same diameter.

2.YES

3. No, I did'nt get new tubes. I went to the Banks tubes some time ago cuz they have raised flanges on each end. I blew a stock tube off once. The stock tubes are basicly, smooth, on the ends. I'm a Quik learner :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14