6.0 intercooler and a upgraded CPS

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
jvencius said:
IIRC, the alternate CPS advances the timing just a bit...
K, is this the one that was for the 466 or something like that? I think we discussed that here briefly some time ago.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Yeap it's for the DT466 along with the T444E as far as I know.

It also has stronger magnetic properties which could result in a more accurate read possibly.

I'm interested in MPG number gains.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
jvencius said:
IIRC, the alternate CPS advances the timing just a bit...
Actually, the consensus that i saw was that it retards timing a bit. Or maybe it just puts out a stronger signal. Or.... Check it out on TDS, it got out of control over there on what it did for people, and what it does.

Basically, what I understand is this:
when they want to advance timing on a DT466 by 4 degrees, they put a T444E CPS on it. Therefore, by extrapolation, I can pretty much guarantee you that the DT466 sensor retards timing by about 4 degrees in the PS. JMHO.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Do note any noticable gain in MPG's there would ya Joe :sweet

Bill & All, I'v only had it in for 4-5 dayz..... As others have said: this thing got outa control "Over There" so I don't want to even suggesting anything. I will say: So far... I LIKE what I feel. Strength and Smoothness over what I felt before. (I liked what I felt then) MPG gain ? Don't know yet.

I installed it cuz it made sense. I'm guna run it for awhile in all my uses: Towing, Cruise'n, Hot Dog'n, mess'n with Chebys/Doges & Ricers. Mainly towing. I'll Post my impressions, one way, or the other. If anyone else puts one in ? lets constructively evaluate this thing. (I'm sure we will, cuz that the way it is, over here.) I'm impressed with it.

I'v been Bombed with PMs ! I think alot of folks are interested in it, after they Filter out all the Crapola, but want one in a "Plain Brown Envelope".;) :D

JOE

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Don't forget to factor in the "placebo effect" and the "adaptive learning". :roflmao :D Sorry, just had to stir.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Don't forget to factor in the "placebo effect" and the "adaptive learning". :roflmao :D Sorry, just had to stir.

YES... thanks for reminding me of that. I'm seeing better tire wear, lights are brighter and the CD player is louder.

I'm also seeing something new when I start it up..... In stead of WAIT TO START ? it now sez WAIT... I'm LEARNING.

:roflmao :roflmao :D :D

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe,

Any update on that CPS how she running and so forth? wonder if it would hurt if you had a DPS tuner chip with that CPS?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WAAAYYY to soon to have any credible info. Sure starts better tho... Turn the key, WTS, Bump the starter.... Fires right up, right now.

I'm Okay with the Q-zilla on the 75hp mode. Plenty of pull'n power, good guage readings... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

JOE

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
So what kind of drop in EGTs did you see with the new IC? I've got a Turbo Buick guy wanting to buy my 7.3 IC!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
So what kind of drop in EGTs did you see with the new IC? I've got a Turbo Buick guy wanting to buy my 7.3 IC!

Nothing notable empty. Havent Towed with it yet. Stay'n close to the Casa for the Holidays, but on the 7th we're going to the coast. Lots of various grade hills, 2 6%s, 1 looong 7%.. I'm guna Peel his ears back'n see. I'll let ya know.

Off the EGT subject but... I proped the stock I/C up against my bench, with the inlet side down, in a drip pan. Let it sit for 4 days... left a puddle of oil about 4" round. I/C tubes and boots had a film of oil, but not wet. Guess the CCV Mod's work'n.

When I blew the one boot off... they were on the edge of Drippy Wet.

JOE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14