6.0 running great 2007

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
67k on mine...at least 1/3 of it doing light towing (cars and or 4 or
motorcycles at a time).

its as reliable as the day is long...i think nothing of jumping in it and
running 1000 miles or more non-stop...and its the PREFERED truck of all my
friends (who own mid/full size, non-ford, trucks).

when hear about those that have had failures...look at how many were
mod'ed

slopony

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We've got a 03 had some problems early, but hav'nt had any more problems other then the tranny. This is a reg cab 11'2'' utility bed that carries an extra 1000 to 1200 pounds I'd say all the time then whatever we load down to it or pull 16' tri-axle dump trailer definatly an abused truck.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
67k on mine...at least 1/3 of it doing light towing (cars and or 4 or
motorcycles at a time).

its as reliable as the day is long...i think nothing of jumping in it and
running 1000 miles or more non-stop...and its the PREFERED truck of all my
friends (who own mid/full size, non-ford, trucks).

when hear about those that have had failures...look at how many were
mod'ed

Its not just modified trucks failing. The egr cooler and HPOP are KNOWN problems, mods or not. Electrical problems, egr issues, sensors..and some have NO problems. A modified vehicle doesn't mean its abused.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not just modified trucks failing. The egr cooler and HPOP are KNOWN problems, mods or not. Electrical problems, egr issues, sensors..and some have NO problems. A modified vehicle doesn't mean its abused.

youve had ALL these problems ? ive not had an hpop issue...or egr cooler
problem....beyond the initial grounding and chaffing issues ive seen no
real electrical issues.

mechanical items will wear out....

as for mod'd vehicles...i never said they were abused...but they are
operating at higher levels...pressure being the major one.

My truck was COMPLETELY stock and the EGR cooler developed a leak a few months ago.
Dave

how many miles on it....how long have you been runing a coolant filter ?
how quickly did the coolant filter get installed after "new"...
has the coolant ever been flushed / changed ? just curious...
youre is one of the few ive heard of failing, so far.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Bush, egr cooler failure is pretty common. This site represents a small segment of the owners of these vehicles, and there have been plenty of complaints. And yes, my truck had both of those issues. The majority seem to have HPOP problems under 50k and its fixed under warranty. My HPOP went to greener pastures @ a little over 200k. As far as egr cooler failure, I'm not sure if there is a certain point where they split, but I've seen threads on this site with some members being on their SECOND one. Mine went at about 155k. My point is that it would take quite an effort to develop some kind of miles vs. modifications vs. age of truck. I can't see it being as simple as saying if you modify your truck you will ruin engine parts. No disrespect to you, I'm just looking at it from a different angle.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bush, egr cooler failure is pretty common. This site represents a small segment of the owners of these vehicles, and there have been plenty of complaints. And yes, my truck had both of those issues. The majority seem to have HPOP problems under 50k and its fixed under warranty. My HPOP went to greener pastures @ a little over 200k. As far as egr cooler failure, I'm not sure if there is a certain point where they split, but I've seen threads on this site with some members being on their SECOND one. Mine went at about 155k. My point is that it would take quite an effort to develop some kind of miles vs. modifications vs. age of truck. I can't see it being as simple as saying if you modify your truck you will ruin engine parts. No disrespect to you, I'm just looking at it from a different angle.

no offense taken...and id love more than anyone to be able to
put my hands around these failures...200k is an impressive #
and i wouldnt be shocked at any failure at that point (doesnt mean
id enjoy fixing it or paying for it)

i do notice youre running a banks six gun

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Yep. And all aftermarket except fumoto valve was done when warranty was over. I bought my truck for towing. Mods went like this: Gauges 1st, exhaust and intake 2nd, tuner and intercooler 3rd. Truck never has been abused or raced, always allowed a minute or so to warm up, and maintained either by the book or better. Dave's truck is a classic example of a stock, well maintained vehicle that also had some issues. Kind of hard to blame my tuner. My truck did 100k stock, and another 55k not stock before the egr cooler unit failed. My HPOP did 100k stock, and another 103k not stock before it came unglued. I'm just not seeing a pattern here.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pattern ive seen is mostly w/ techs who cant fix the problem
right the 1st time.

and there are MANY more trucks w/out failures than there are WITH
failures.

and my truck is a great example like yours and daves of a truck well
maintained <better then the book calls for> that has no mods (other
than turbo back, cat delete) and NO failures <to date>.

we could throw in TURBOS too...god knows theres PLENTY of trucks
out there that have had 2 or 3 or MORE...and you KNOW in those cases
its NOT the turbo...its the way the techs are trained <or not more likely>
and the way theyre paid <rip and replace...and HOPE you got it right>.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well that seems to be the case. I have been lucky with techs. I have had the same guy do my engine repairs because he took the time to talk to me and seemed like he actually cared about my truck. Got it back exactly the way it was left, clean, no mess, no problems. Now, the service manager...well, thats another story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14