6.0 running rough, no throttle, no hot start

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FICM can cause issues only when hot, so don't underestimate the helpfulness of testing w/ a known good one. Sometimes electronic components just act that way.

An air test when hot should probably be high on your list.

Unplugging the ICP sensor only helps when you have a bad ICP sensor. From the voltage you posted, the ICP sensor looks ok.

04gold60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FICM can cause issues only when hot, so don't underestimate the helpfulness of testing w/ a known good one. Sometimes electronic components just act that way.

An air test when hot should probably be high on your list.

Unplugging the ICP sensor only helps when you have a bad ICP sensor. From the voltage you posted, the ICP sensor looks ok.
Well the ICP is new and new pigtail, I don't have another ficm and with a ficm causing warm issues wouldn't it pop a code or throw some signs like low voltage or something else? Or does that just not throw any signs just happens?

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if it is a logic board in the FICM. As stated earlier, that problem can happen without a way to detect it other than put in a known good board or sending it off to a shop like FICMrepair.com for testing.

I am not saying that it is for sure your FICM, just a possibility.

Don't forget to look at the v-reference voltage.

04gold60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if it is a logic board in the FICM. As stated earlier, that problem can happen without a way to detect it other than put in a known good board or sending it off to a shop like FICMrepair.com for testing.

Hate to be a noob and continually asking questions do you know of a way to set up the torque pro to monitor v-reference voltage?

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another couple of things that stand out are your load percentage being every high for just idle conditions, and the VGT% occasionally being 9% and 85%. Those aren't normal IMO.

04gold60

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And I am gonna sound like a broken record here, what do you think the possibility of a leaking top seal is?

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PID: 221155
Long name: Calibration Input Voltage
Short name: VREF
min. value: 0.0
max value: 5.0
scale factor: x1
unit type: Volts
Equation: ((A*256)+B)/13107
header: Auto

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you could have a leaking injector top seal, but the ICP and IPR values aren't all that bad IMO. Others may feel differently though. In a tough situation like yours, an air test is always a better choice than just replacing parts.

Edit - thanks for adding cam/crank sync!

04gold60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another couple of things that stand out are your load percentage being every high for just idle conditions, and the VGT% occasionally being 9% and 85%. Those aren't normal IMO.
I just took the turbo apart and cleaned all the vanes and before parking the truck and replacing that pushrod everything was fine, now the load goes way up as soon as I got about 120 degrees oil temp. But what controls the VGT %? And causes it to go so high at a certain temperature?

04gold60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PID: 221155
Long name: Calibration Input Voltage
Short name: VREF
min. value: 0.0
max value: 5.0
scale factor: x1
unit type: Volts
Equation: ((A*256)+B)/13107
header: Auto
bismic I have seen a lot of your posts and you are an awesome guy, thank you for your help and assistance.

In absence of an air test I guess taking crap apart again is my option? I'm kind of in a tough situation and don't have access to a lot of stuff