Question 6.0L Poor Milage

san-man

BAD FKR
Reaction score
My truck is stock at the moment and that is what the lie-o-meter say I get. That is driving like an old lady with some spirited driving

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 6.0 consistantly got 16-17 towing and city driving, and 21 highway. It was a super cab long bed 4x4. Shouldnt of gotten rid of that truck...danget!

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I have a 2006-6.0 automatic completely stock. I started out getting about 16-17 combined city hiway, that was kinda tough, so I started reading the forums and trying new things, 1st I changed oil and put Super"S" pure synthetic(a local brand from here in Louisiana) then I started getting 17-18.5. Then I raised the air pressure from 48 to 60lbs all around, then I got 18.5 to 19.5, yesterday I put a dose of Lucas additive in when I filled up, and ohla, I got 21.1, that was on a little 80 mile trip, I will test more tomorrow on a trip to New Orleans, about a 200 mile trip, and see if it holds up. It's amazing what littlr things yo can do to increase your mileage, and to add, I drive like a Grandpa.

Sorry, but you can't trust the Lie-o-meter, they are known for being inaccurate, try hand calculating, and get back with us.;tu

AK NIMROD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2004, 6.0L, 4WD, AUTO TRANSMISSION, F-350 CREW CAB, I DO NOT KNOW GEARING, :dunno 4" EXHAUST OTHERWISE STOCK AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE UPGRADES.
FAIRLY EMPTY 15-16MPG (HAVE 56 GALLON FUEL TANK NOT 38 GAL PLUS FG TOPPER AND USUALLY EMPTY 100 GALLON TANK IN BED)
HEAVY HEADING TO HUNT 1200 MILES AWAY:eek::D: 11.25 FOOT CABOVER CAMPER AND HAULING BOAT (?2000 LBS PLUS WT OF TRAILER) 9.5-10.0 MPG.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I Have a Hypertech E-Con and at first I tought it never helped milage, when driving below 60MPH. But lately I have been driving at Higher speed then before and noticed no change in fuel Millage caused by speed. In town the milage is very unpredictable, Because all the traffic lights and the weight of the truck. I can drive down the Highway at 65MPH and keep my millage as far as 24MPG, and all summer averaged 19MPG at every fillup. Before the programer I was getting good millage only when driving under 60MPH. and this milage was at best 16 MPG at every tankfull. Also I use a scan gauge an it realy helps with calculating milage becaus it can be recalibrated easily at every tanks.

For Canadians that is 23MPG now compared to 19MPG before at speeds above 55MPH. I am able to drive at higher speed now compare before the programer

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim