6.4 filling a service bay for one month

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Here's a rather long story a think you all will find interesting... I have a 08 F450 (4.88 gears) with almost 11,000 on the odo now. Its a killer ride, you all know the perks...

At the end of August it was towed to the dealership... I'll save the story of exactly why for another time... It spent the rest of august and pretty much all of september taking up space in a service bay blah blah. when they got the parts in it became a 40 hour service job... Got the truck back and everything seems normal... 3,*** miles later...

i have been averaging fuel mileage and since the repair it has gone from roughly 10 mpg to between 7-8 mpg once again with 4.88's. I dont care what it behind, in, in front, under that s what it gets. anyways i was looking at the repair order again and this is what it showed:

-Loads of diagnostic work, "throttle body has coolant in it and has weld spots from loose metal on insertion of EGR" then said "it wont fit back in" haha.
- parts included new EGR, EGR cooler, radiator and all the fixins to put it together

anyway might not all make sense but im trying to put two and two together here... the truck is going back in on mon. cause i can't afford to get 7mpg.

let me know if you want more details or just pm me.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Taylor

Taylor, Welcome to SSD.com. This is the kind of story's we all hate to hear about, but after going to a dealer the other day just to get an oil change and the way it turned out. Ford dealers need to get to training the people who work on our trucks. I feel your pain about the drop in fuel mileage after going to a dealer to have your truck worked on. It just SUCKS!

:welcome :welcome2 :goodluck :oval

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w/ the truck in the shop for more than 30days UNDER 12k miles id force 'em
to a BUY IT BACK & GIVE YOU NEW/REPLACEMENT.

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Ya, they didn't do much about the inconvenience... I read in the lemon law that it has to be a problem that reoccurs three times and is unable to be remedied. I think some of it has to do with your dealership and when they decide to tell you to go f yourself.
So I got a truck with 11,000 mi on it- what are we going to do about the mileage??? Its going to a different dealership on mon to be checked out, hopefully they find something.

It may be time to yank the 6.0 out of the excursion!
Thanks, guys

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the buy back <lemon laws> also take into consideration the number
of DAYS of "lost use"...most of this applies to the 1st 12mo/12k miles...

dpantazis

Reaction score
there are a number of different scenarios that will kick in lemon law.
>31 concurrent days in the shop counts.
3x no fixy is another.

i had a chance to lemon law a car once, i should have done it. i regret not doing it.
my advise: cut your losses and lemon law it out. get a new truck.

its a truck, not a person. forget your emotional attachment if any.

call the customer service center for ford, establish the case.
DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! service tickets, make notes of phone calls, save fuel receipts, EVERYTHING!

then call a lawyer, i can recommend Krohn & Moss, Krohn & Moss Consumer Law Center®

dp

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll see what we can get going. Gonna have my parents get on the horn with Ford. Will it matter that it we waited since sept. to do this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg