6.4 filling a service bay for one month

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Nice...Mine just hit 11k this week... Between school and snowmobiling this truck will definetely see a bit more action, that is if I can keep fuel in it. I ran a thing of anti-gel from Ford through it and now im running the cetane booster as per Ford... We'll see if that helps mileage.

I didn't see before, what mileage are you at?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2k miles on it and I'm averaging 12.5-13.5 city/highway mixed. I'm hoping at 5k and 10k miles it will get better. It's also cold as all get out now and the mileage just isn't that good in the winter time no matter what you do. We'll see what it does this spring. If it's not improving then it's getting the SCT Livewire with EGT probe and most likely a straight turbo back - no kitties and no DPFs. :sly

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Sorry to hear those numbers. It should only get better. I hope SCT can get their act together and get that Delete kit put together... I didn't like the SCT tuning of the Livewire on our 6.0 excursion but I have an open mind...

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
sorry, haven't visited this page for a bit... everything is good. it still pulls like a bat outta hell. I have seen a drop in MPG and with 13,000 mi on it it should only get better. I'm thinking that the only thing if found. its in the shop right now under the microscope, we'll see what happens.

dpantazis

Reaction score
cetane = how easy to ignite. its not like octane which is energy content index

cetane is not lubricity.

you may get a little benefit from cetane booster, but its not going to be like 4-5 mpg.

Ford dealer service is selling you a smoke job telling you that your fuel is the cause if poor mileage. It is and it isn;t. Winter fuel has less energy content, so does BioD- less mileage.

you should not see a drop in mileage then an increase as the engine is breaking in. it should only get better as time goes on until broke in where everything is seated good.

didn;t you say you changed the oil on it early, like 1000 miles?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg