6.4L Block Heater

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Is that a factory option now?

Sounds like a nice truck :sweet

I had them do it because the TPMS is a PITA. It is a pretty nice truck. I really don't tow as much as I used to, and with the wife having a crew-cab F150 and my daughter having an Explorer, I didn't need a crew any longer. So I down sized to a 3/4 ton extended cab. I was actually able to go thru Dunkin' donits this morning, and fit, and not have to shut the truck off to order coffee. I could get used to that. :rolleyes:

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 08, and it has the block heater. The cord isn't included? I was hoping it was just buried like my 04. May not be there at all?
The plug/cord was right next to/behind the right recovery hook on the bumper. I had trouble even seeing it until one guy helped me find it. Look close before you spend $$ on the cord...Good luck...joe

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I found it. It was hiding in plain site. I was looking under the truck, it was behind the bumper with a zip tie holding it down. The end of the cap is round, so I originally thought it was a temp sensor. I have alot to learn with this thing. For openers, acc. on ignition is 1 click up, not one click down. The volume of the stereo goes up and down according to road speed. If you turn the key to start before the engine feels like its ready to start [glow plug?] the key simply comes back, and then it starts itself. When its ready. When you use the remote entry or punch in the numbers on the door keypad, if its dark, the lights come on. Until the key is in the ignition. Even if you have the sentinal feature off. The interior overhead lights gradually "fade" off, they don't just go off. The truck is over-badged to a fault. Giant Ford Superduty logo's front and rear, stamped into the grill, tailgate, its on the windshield. Also both fenders, dashboard, and door sills. over kill IMO.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
TPMS ?

You can adjust that if it goes up or down too much or not enough.

TPMS=tire pressure monitoring system. Will throw a light when you have low pressure, even temperature differences set them off. Nitrogen stays consistent. I figured out the stereo. Still very complicated for a stock system. Throw in redundant controls on the wheel, and my big mitts, and its a joy to use. I just gotta get used to it. Under the hood is interesting.

Fine69

Reaction score
TPMS is a Federally mandated requirement on all 2008 and newer vehicles, under a certain GVWR. Unfortunately, Super Duty pickups meet the requirement.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Did you buy a Superduty or a Cadillac ? :lol Hope they don't get too carried away with electronic crap in the future or the regular old garage mechanic will be out of luck.
Crumm, the 6.0 is out of the realm of the average shadetree mechanic. The 6.4 is way past that. Under the hood almost looks like a jet with the hood up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58